Marine Electrical Engineering and Communication Technologies
The graduate study of Marine Electrical Engineering and Communication Technologies lasts two years, i.e. four semesters (120 ECTS points). Upon completion of the graduate study, students acquire the academic degree of Master's degree in Technology (M.Tech.) in Marine Electrical Engineering and Communication Technologies.
The study of Marine Electrical Engineering and Communication Technologies is an appropriate response to the continuing demand from shipping companies all over the world for qualified graduates in this field. A similar demand can be found throughout the marine industry, such as in harbor and port facilities; the tourist industry, for example in leisure marinas and hotels;
and many other modern institutions, such as airports, hospitals and commercial institutions of all kinds.
In all these situations networked electronic and communication systems have rapidly become an essential requirement, and provide significant growth in employment opportunities for qualified personnel.
Based on practical experience, the study is organized into small groups of students. Special attention is given to students' active involvement in field work, practicing their knowledge and skills and working for the potential future employers.
- Mathematics IV
- Statistics theory of Telecommunications
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- Computer-aided design
- Process measurements and Instrumentation
- Communications networks Management
- Transceivers and antennas
- Marine electrical networks
- Methodology of scientific and Research work
- Architecture of all-ip new Generation networks
- Mobile maritime communications Networks
- Electrical ship launching
- Marine economics and management
- Marine high voltage technologies
- Ship launching automation
- Final thesis
- Automatic navigation and control
- Discrete control systems
- Marine information systems design
- Control of marine electrical machines and drives
- Maritime expert systems
- Second foreign language
- Communications on passenger ships and mega yachts
- Data compression and correction Coding
About the School
University of Dubrovnik The University of Dubrovnik is the “youngest” university in Croatia. It was established in 2003. on the foundations of a very long tradition which goes back to the 17th century ... Read More