The Master in Management aims to provide students with a comprehensive view of international management, exploring the critical factors for cross-national business success, the impact of globalisation on the international business environment, trade theories, and internationalisation strategies.
As part of the Management specialisation, master students explore:
- entrepreneurial activity and its role in sustaining growth, identifying markets and seizing opportunity within a global economy
- leadership and how effective practices impact employees, customers and other stakeholders
- the structures of information delivery and the impact on products, services, operations, decision-making, marketing, and distribution
- international project management an new approaches to dealing with geographical dispersed groups of individuals and resources
- crossing national borders in the business world, and the operational, legal and logistical problems that commonly occur
- human resources, internal marketing and the dynamics of effective leadership as a strategic factor in gaining competitive advantage in the global market
- practical examinations of the marketing strategies of international organisations.
- conceptual thinking, critical analysis, and the implementation of strategic action
- advanced communication and inter-personal skills
- in-depth critical understanding of relevant theories, concepts and models and the integration of theory and practice in a variety of contexts
- advanced enquiry and research skills, holistic thinking, integration and synthesis
- team working and motivational skills
- inner responsibility and self-inspection skills required for effective leadership
The Master programme is a 12-15 month course.
Completion of the master’s programme necessitates:
- full-time, compulsory attendance
- internship placements
- final dissertation
5 core courses, common to all master students, regardless of specialisation.
6 specialisation courses in management.
In this third phase of the programme students will complete a three month internship in a sector relevant to their chosen specialisation and a report based on their experience
The dissertation is the capstone module of the modular MSc. Once the students have completed the three phases listed above they will concentrate on their dissertation.
TERM ONE (5 of the following modules)
- Applied Business Research Methods
- 21st Century Advanced Business Structures
- Integrity and Social Responsibility
- Organisations and their Cultures
- Managing for Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility
- Accounting and Finance for Decision Makers
- Management of Resources and Operations
- Marketing Management
- Globalised Information and Communication Systems
- International Project Management
- International Business Management
- Human Resources Management
- International Strategic Marketing
- Entrepreneurship and Leadership
- International Strategic Management
- Leadership and Family Business
ESE offers one of the most extensive and competitive internship programmes available today. The quality of the placement service is a result of the long established relationships that ESE has fostered with global companies for years. This means that students are given excellent opportunities to enter the job market and gain exposure. The internships are structured, evaluated and recognised as an integral part of the course of study and provide each student the opportunity to spend a period of time in a work environment consistent with the chosen specialisation.
ESE has an internship department in every centre responsible for maintaining close relationships with both students and companies, in order to offer each student the possibility of entering a company or an area of business which is of true interest.
The completeness of this preparation - a mix of academic excellence, internationality and work experience -allows ESE graduates to kick off their careers without hesitation, often in the same companies that hosted them for their internships.
Entrance into one of the master programmes at ESE requires the submission of the following documents to the Admissions Office at the ESE centre of interest:
- Application form, completed correctly
- A good first degree (second class honours or GPA 3.0 and above)*
- Resume / CV + Personal Statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- IELTS/ TOEFL/CEC** score
- Three photographs (passport size)
- Photocopy of passport/ID
- Application fee (£50) to be paid online addressed to the European School of Economics***
* Candidates who do not hold the required qualification but who are able to demonstrate relevant work experience in a managerial position or above for a minimum of 3 years will also be considered.
** Candidates who have completed their studies in the English language (at least 2 years) are not required to submit this test.
*** ESE application fees are non-refundable and must be paid (online or money order) to the European School of Economics prior to the processing of your application. Fee payment must accompany a completed application. Applications arriving without appropriate fees will not be considered.
- Registration: € 1.600,00
- Tuition: € 17.000,00
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 23, 2017