The MSc in Management at the Católica Porto Business School is an innovative MSc, inspired by the best international practices, that benefits from the experience of the school in advanced management education, over the last 25 years.
The programme is organised in a common core in the 1st semester and in the 2nd-semester students may choose a generic area (allowing a customised training which offers a wide range of elective courses), or for a specific field of management from the following:
- Business Analytics;
- Management Control
- Service Management
Thanks to the wide network of partnerships, Católica Porto Business School offers internships and projects in companies and other organisations. At the international level, Católica Porto Business School offers a double degree with the Lancaster University Management School, the Erasmus exchange programme and a range of internships abroad. The MSc in Management stands, therefore, as a unique programme, characterised by high levels of employability, internationalisation and customisation. A Masters degree with the prestige of the Catholic University.
Students of the MSc in Management have been achieving placement in major national and international organisations, but also in small companies, typical of the northern Portugal industry. This placement, broad in scope, can now be enhanced by the various specialisations offered in the MSc.
Service Management promotes career opportunities in classical organisations providing services as well as in industrial companies with relevant service components.
Specialisation in Business Analytics promotes career opportunities for emerging functions of 'business analyst' or 'data scientist', that have been the subject of growing demand.
Specialisation in Management Control promotes career opportunities in prominent positions in the planning process, monitoring and strategy implementation (for example, controller or financial management).
As in most Masters Programmes, classes run from Monday to Friday, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., and on Saturday from 9:00 pm to 1:00 p.m. The calendar which schedules all classes is announced to the students at the beginning of each semester.
In the case of courses taught by invited professors, a concentration of classes may occur in only a few days, but with a more intensive schedule. In these circumstances classes will be scheduled well in advance, allowing time to take the necessary measures.
The Masters at the Católica Porto Business School has a full-time regime.
Lectures of the Masters of the Católica Porto Business School take place at Católica Foz in Porto.
Graduates from different scientific areas can apply to the Masters of the Católica Porto Business School.
The application process to the Masters of the Católica Porto Business School must contain elements that provide evidence of the academic and scientific competence of the candidates, as well as the command of the English language. The GMAT test is valued in the selection process to assess the academic and scientific skills
Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Academic and scientific curriculum
- Degree classification
- Professional experience or research
ENGLISH LANGUAGE COMPETENCE REQUIREMENT
Candidates must possess an official English language qualification corresponding to the B2 level of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of references for Languages (http://www.coe.int/t/dg4/linguistic/cadre_en.asp), or an equivalent recognised qualification (Cambridge FCE, Cambridge Michigan ECCE and ECPE, TOEFL, IELTS.
The equivalency to Level B2 requires a classification greater than or equal to 85 (0-120 scale) in case of the internet-based TOEFL and greater than or equal to 170 (0-300 scale) in case of computer-based TOEFL.
The equivalency to Level B2 requires a classification greater or equal to 7 (0-9 scale) in case of IELTS.
APPLICATIONS - 2017/18
Applications for Masters of the Católica Porto Business School are permanently open.
The Programme Direction meets three times a year to assess the applications: March, July and September. After this meeting, candidates are informed of the decision and the next steps.
|Round||Deadline for Application||Assessment Period||Results*|
|1st||March, 15th||16th to 29th March||March, 30th|
|2nd||June, 27th||28th June to 15th July||July, 16th|
|3rd||Sept., 13th||14th to 20th Sept.||Sept., 21st|
*If applicants submit their application before the deadline an offer can be made immediately after.
DOCUMENTATION FOR THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Application form
- Copy of the Identification Document/Passport or submission of the Identification Data Form
- One photograph
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Detailed* Qualifications certificate (original or certified copy)
- Official diploma in English, official level B2 of The Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of References for Languages, or equivalent diploma (TOEFL, IELTS, FCE or CAE).
- Complimentary evaluation elements (e.g., GMAT ...)
*Certificates must specify the courses taken, their assessment and ECTS, and the final grade of the course. If you have not completed a degree, you must present a certificate of the courses taken, their assessment and ECTS, and the current average.
- Applicants who hold a degree in a foreign country must submit the certificate of qualifications: a) legalised by Portuguese diplomatic or consular authority, or b) with the Hague Apostille issued by the competent authority of the issuing country, if that country has acceded the Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Acts (the Hague Conference).
- When the documents are written in a foreign language other than Spanish, English or French, the respective translation is due which, in the case of the certificate of qualifications, must be made pursuant to the notarial law.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
Applications may be submitted by filling the online application form.
The original documents should be presented before the registration date.
- Submitting the application: Free
- Acceptance and enrolment in the Masters: € 610. This fee will not be refunded in case students cancel their enrolment.
- Fees amount to 8.256 euros for the complete master. Payable in fifteen monthly instalments.
NB: These values are calculated in accordance with the fees established for the academic year 2016/17
The Board of the Católica Porto Business School decided to create a set of Scholarships for the purpose of rewarding the merit of the students whose academic performance deserves it. These consist of total exemption from tuition fees up to a maximum of 36 ECTS per semester and also from the enrolment and tuition fees.
Candidates are eligible for the scholarship if they have an enrolment average of at least 16/20 points from a Portuguese University or a GMAT score of at least 650 points.
The merit scholarships can be renewed each semester. The eligibility criteria for the award of scholarship in the 2nd and 3rd-semester master are:
- Completion of a minimum of 30 ECTS per semester with no failures in the normal or resit assessment period.
- The weighted average of the marks obtained in all the subjects concluded in the previous semester to the award of the scholarship equal to or greater than 16/20 values.
There are Social Scholarships to support the payment of fees: Scholarships from the Higher Education General Directorate and Social Scholarships of the Catholic University of Portugal.
For further information, you can visit the Area of Students and Employability.
About the School
Católica Porto Business School is a school of the Catholic University in Portugal, known for the development of business professionals, focused on sustainability and respect for individuals. For over ... Read More