In the world of fashion, having a multidisciplinary training is fundamental in order to identify the needs of users and the possibilities of the market. Because of this, our Management Master combines creation and innovation with tools such as marketing, communication, and technology, always considering, also, the legal, commercial and financial aspects of the industry.
With a duration of one academic year, our master offers the possibility of doing internships in national and international companies linked to the world of fashion and design.
- Title: Master in Management of the Fashion and Design Industry
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Duration: 1 academic year
Optative internships up to 720 hours in important companies in the fashion and design fields.
- Training professionals within the international, specific and dynamic context of the fashion industry, and in the field of marketing, finances and entrepreneurial strategy, being able, this way, to provide a contemporary vision of multidisciplinary nature.
- Developing the directive and analytical necessities for carrying out entrepreneurial projects in a global surrounding, in which the use of new technologies, creativity, and innovation, together with social and environmental responsibility, are fundamental.
- Provide the tools that will allow the student to identify and anticipate the changes in lifestyles and the preferences of consumers, as also the current and emerging trends, through creative experimentation and research.
- Potentiating the 2.0 communication and/or the social networks as a platform, proposing a new vision in team management and in the development of collaborative policies.
- Through the study of real projects and the direct contact with professors and company executives, the student obtains a real and firsthand vision of a constantly changing sector and also acquires the capacity to identify and anticipate market opportunities.
- The master aims to provide the following transversal competencies:
- Know how to apply modern management systems.
- Understand the production fluxes
- Know how to update content considering process timings
- Apply management, logistic and operational controls
- Understand the globalization and its effect on the enterprise
- Know the current communication tools in order to reach the consumer
- Contextualization of the contemporary social environment
- The world in the Third Millennium
- The internationalization of fashion trends
- Fashion Sociology
- Consultancy in Image, life cycle, and components
- Personal and corporate image. Iconological techniques
- The creation process of a fashion collection
- Analysis and determination of trends and creative direction
- Communication in the global society
- Theory of communication in the global society
- Persuasive communication of corporations
- Fashion Marketing, fashion consumer analysis, Fashion Promotion, Digital Marketing
- Press dossier: content and addresses
- Management, control, and logistics
- Knowledge and entrepreneurial personality
- Introduction to accounting. The concept of basic costs
- Financial states analysis. Budget control
- Business plan: business financing. Control and management
- Logistics: legal aspects, fiscal aspects, and social responsibility
- Management and points of sales
- Location of points of sales
- Space distribution
- Distributions of sales
- Control systems and management of points of sales
- Logistics and obsolescence of the product
- Final project
The intake for the Master's Degree in Management of the Fashion and Design Industry in English is in April.
The intake for the Master's Degree in Management of the Fashion and Design Industry in Spanish is in October.
University Degree or professional experience.
About the School
Since 1989 ESDi Higher School of Design, centre attached to Universitat Ramon Llull (URL), is engaged to people who dare to redesign the world, and design and build its future. Its mission is to trans ... Read More