Cities and communities are the main venues of key challenges of modern times, which we have to understand and be able to solve by including citizens to enhance sustainable development and quality of life.
A smart city is a city that is based on the needs of its citizens and that uses advanced technologies to promote competitiveness, sustainable development and a better quality of life.
Due to the fact that the process of urbanization is going to intensify, the cities will have to face challenges of sustainable development at different levels: environmental, social and economic, especially in less developed countries where the urbanization level is much greater. It is essential to introduce integrative policy forms for a better quality of life of both urban and rural populations, and for a greater social inclusion.
An Exclusive master’s programme for managing and governing smart cities and communities
The programme is suitable for all
- who work in public administration, municipalities, local communities, development agencies and look into the future.
- who help provide smart/advanced services in the field of energy efficiency, mobility, public utilities, etc.
- who work in companies or institutions and see business opportunities in the development of advanced technologies and provide comprehensive smart/advanced solutions.
Specific and state-of-the-art approaches to the implementation of the programme
- Research approach using big data and state-of-the-art analyses.
- Studying best practices to develop critical systems thinking and successfully transferring them into the local environment.
- Engaging with teachers and practitioners in the implementation of local solutions at home and abroad.
- Innovative learning with field work on real-world projects and in cooperation with local citizens and other stakeholders in public, private and third sector.
The Management of Smart Cities master's programme has been accredited by the Slovenian Council for Higher Education. The list of all accredited higher education institutions and programmes in Slovenia can be found on the website of the Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (SQAA), a member of European Association for quality assurance in Higher Education (ENQA).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 12, 2018