Product development is the driver of innovation. In the program Master in Management in Product Development, you learn to manage product development in an efficient, methodical, creative and success-oriented way. With the scientifically sound and practice-oriented training program for professionals, you get qualified to become the driving force for successful product innovation in your company.
The Master Program in Management of Product Development enables participants to analyze, design, operate and implement product development processes in their companies in an optimized way. Based on a highly integrative and creative approach, they can successfully translate innovative ideas into competitive products.
Future engineering executives working in product development or product management, e.g. in:
- Machinery and equipment industry
- Automotive industry and suppliers
- Measurement technology and cybernetics
- Major appliances industry, e.g. white goods
- Integrated product development: process planning with e.g. portfolio analysis, value analysis, DSM
- Agile methods & scrum in product development
- Efficiency improvement & target costing in PD
- Simulation methods (e.g. FEM, BEM)
- PLM, PDM, ERP, CRM & SCM systems
- Computer science & lifecycle management for engineers
- Virtual Engineering (from CAD Systems to CAx)
- Lightweight Design
- Industry 4.0: Strategic product portfolio & services
The content of the Master Program is divided into 10 modules:
5 Management Modules presents broader knowledge in management know-how and 5 Engineering Modules provides deeper knowledge in technological topics.
- Integrated Product Development by ASD - Agile Systems Design
- Design & Validation Process and Information Systems for Product Development (PD)
- Simulation and Target Values in PD
- Validation and Verification in PD
- Tools and Methods of Product Engineering
- Marketing & Information
- Finance & Value
- Decisions & Risk
- Innovation & Projects
- Strategy & People
Specific Admission Requirements
First university degree in:
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Business engineering
- or a related subject
Basic knowledge in:
- Higher mathematics or stochastic
Basic knowledge in one of the following fields:
- Methods for designing and dimensioning machine systems
- Manufacturing engineering
- Materials science or engineering mechanics
Under certain circumstances, other degrees may be accepted (e.g. depending on professional experience).
English language proficiency is required, e.g. English as mother tongue or test certificate (e.g. TOEFL score of at least 570 PBT; 230 CBT; 90 iBT or IELTS at least 6,5 points) or appropriate proof of C1 level.
Product development is certainly one of the core means of adding value in companies. Only successful processes can lead to competitive products. Increasing demands for tailor-made product solutions, low production costs, high-quality standards, reduced development times, and shortened product lifecycles require highly qualified professionals.
About the School
The HECTOR School of Engineering and Management, named after Dr. h. c. Hans-Werner Hector, the co-founder of the software company SAP, is the Technology Business School of the worldwide known Karlsruh ... Read More