Justification and Purpose
The Master Programme in Management Studies is designed for graduates of any scientific area, whom in the course of their professional careers wish to acquire and develop skills in several areas of Management (Finance, Strategy, Accounting, Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour, Marketing and Operations Management).
This programme provides students with a multidisciplinary and integrated overview of the organisation and/or the business area in which they operate, thereby enabling them to enhance their managerial performance. The completion of the Master Degree will endow students with management skills and prepare them to respond to the challenges posed by the profound changes in professional and corporate environments, at the national and international level. It specifically envisages to:
- Promote contact with the genesis and evolution of knowledge in the Management area, and provide students with critical understanding of the theoretical frameworks underlying the core functions in management
- Provide students with management instruments and techniques adjusted to the ever-changing organizational context and its environment;
- Stimulate learning, reflection and sharing of experiences of national and foreign companies’ situation and thus promoting new ways to act in the organisational context;
- Acquire and enrich professional expertise through the sharing of experiences of professionals from different areas;
- Promote scientific research in the various areas of management.
Hence, it is an innovative degree which totals 100 ECTS. It is a three-semester-long programme which combines the fundamentals of Management in its different areas with a wide range of optional course units. Therefore, this programme is highly flexible in what regards areas of specialisation. The second year (3rd semester) is devoted to the dissertation or an internship + report.
Are you interested in a broadband Master Degree in Management for enhancing your future career prospects? The Master Programme in Management Studies as offered at EEG has been designed for you!
This school offers programs in:
- Portuguese (Portugal)