This course gives students specialized skills in:
- portfolio management
- financial analysis
- management of institutions
- investment decisions (project financing and acquisition/financing of companies).
The focus is on the application of these principles and methods rather than their development by the students.
This program is intended:
- for students who are attracted by a broad range of jobs in market finance;
- for students who are attracted by jobs as financial analysts, professions in the world of private equity or corporate finance consultancy;
- for those who wish to maintain a broad spectrum of career opportunities while choosing a curriculum that will enable them to fit into a professional environment as quickly as possible.
Banking and Asset Management is taught entirely in English.
Skills gained on completion of the specialization
- reasoning and knowledge in the fields of management of financial institutions and fund management;
- detailed knowledge of financial institutions, financial markets, and tools, the way they function and how to use them;
- mastering concepts and problems linked to portfolio management and financial risk management;
- mastering concepts and problems linked to investment decisions entailing company assessment and finance structuring (Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Venture Capital);
- learning the basics of market and company finance and developing expertise and rigor in financial reasoning;
- understanding the scope of financial operations by mastering innovative approaches, calculating them and optimizing them;
- obtaining a critical perspective on the skills acquired during the program via personal reflection on the financial function and the experience accumulated during individual and group tasks.
Diploma and specific outcomes
On completion of this course, students are awarded the diploma of “Master in Management Science, with Specialization in Banking & Asset Management”.
Career opportunities as
- financial analysts
- fund and asset managers
- financial market consultants and professionals,
in the following fields:
- wealth management (SICAV Management/pension funds/hedge funds) related to all portfolio transactions, day-to-day management of assets and risk management or to making strategic investment decisions;
- any job linked to portfolio management (institutional investors, private banks, wealth management, insurance etc.);
- financial analyst role in a private equity fund or a bank (buy-side or sell-side financial analyst), or in a financial institution;
- consultancy role in a Corporate Finance department;
- any kind of executive function in financial institutions and commercial, industrial or financial companies concerning, among other areas, cash management, management of assets/liabilities or credit management.
The Master in Management (Banking and Asset Management) program of HEC Liège has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree program(s) incorporate at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provide students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the CFA exams. CFA Institute is the global association of investment professionals that sets the standard for professional excellence and administers the industry gold standard CFA charter.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 7, 2018