Understand the key sustainability challenges and opportunities within the fashion industry!
This course provides in-depth knowledge about the core issues and challenges of sustainable fashion and integrates responsible leadership applied to the fashion sector. Participants learn the art of sustainable fashion with a creative focus and a critical awareness that enables them to be an active player in the sustainable fashion industry.
SUMAS students are constantly engaged in practice-oriented projects that are guided by academics, consultants and professionals. These projects are part of SUMAS’ innovative teaching methodology which includes video conferences with leading speakers in organizations and in-class company presentations. These activities not only encourage knowledge sharing but also provide valuable opportunities for networking to enhance your career development.
SUMAS students can choose to take a second optional year and engage in an internship in a corporation or an international organization.
Length: 1 year (Full Time) / 2 Years (Part-Time)
Content: 9 core modules, 5 major modules, Final Capstone Projects in collaboration with executives.
Starting Dates: February and September.
Requirements for the MAM Programs:
Our university welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed a Bachelors degree. Once you have applied, our admissions team will be in contact with you for any further requirements.
- Application fee of CHF 200.
- Official certified transcripts and diplomas of Bachelor's studies, with certified translation (if not originally in English).
- CV/Resume indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order.
- Motivation Letter indicating why you want to study in Switzerland at Sustainability Management School.
- If you are not a native English speaker or you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school or in an English work environment.
- Photocopy of valid passport or ID.
- Two passport photographs.
- Applications from non-degree candidates will be evaluated for our Executive-MAM based on 3-4 years managerial work experience.
Graduate Program Costs
- Application fee (non-refundable, due with application submission) CHF 200
- Advanced tuition payment (non-refundable, due upon receipt of acceptance letter)** CHF 3'000
- Advanced tuition fee for students with VISA requests (refundable in case of VISA refusal)** CHF 10'000
- Tuition for program CHF 39'545
- Expenses and Materials* CHF 650
- Optional Internship & Professional Development 2nd year CHF 9'900
*Expenses and materials include eBook chapters and eJournals. Applications for simulation game software, capstone, and student trips are additional costs and not included in the overall price.
** Deductible from tuition fee initial payment.
Our experiential camps based around the world will help to raise your awareness of sustainable living and will allow you to develop practical solutions to environmental challenges.
GNH (Gross National Happiness)
Learn about Bhutan's unique outlook on sustainability and holistic happiness while enjoying the scenic landscape of this unique country.
Lectures about the country’s growing eco-tourism trend and visits to their leading tour operators to find out how Iceland is leading sustainable tourism today.
Discover nature conservation first hand in Costa Rica and find out how this lush Central American country is combating conservation issues daily.
Program taught in: