Master in Luxury / VIP Management in Tourism
The Luxury tourism industry is a rich industry that includes a wide range of fields: accommodation, food & beverage, spa, meeting & events, cruise line, yachting, sporting, casinos, entertainment, and transportation. The Luxury/VIP Management Master degree in the tourism industry provides you with the necessary knowledge and expertise to enter the luxury service industry through a mix of academic pillars and professional practical experience.
The main teaching language is English. The study plan includes a 240 hours module to study a foreign language to choose from Spanish for foreigners, French or Russian. After the theoretic modules are completed, all students have to complete an internship period in one of the school's collaborating companies.
This program will provide you theoretical, linguistic and practical skills.
Instruction is in the form of lectures, seminars, workshops, video conference classes, cases and individual assignments. An examination is in the form of written exams, individual and group assignments and workshop exercises.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE, of the correspondent A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 levels. HTL International School is an accredited DELE & SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
The program aims for students to understand the luxury tourism industry, VIP clients necessities and business solutions and skills to provide high-quality goods and services for demanding clients. The program focuses on strategies and skills for managing the luxury tourism. You will analyze a number of luxury brands and general and digital marketing techniques for better promotion of services and goods.
Upon completion of the program, students should also be able to demonstrate:
- Correct balance between creativity and managerial skills to carry out luxury/VIP projects.
- Resourceful and original thinking around the luxury brand and marketing strategies for its promotion on the global multi-cultural international marketplace.
- Tailor-made tour creation and Customer Experience skills/Guest satisfaction relationship.
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
- Master Degree in Luxury/VIP Management in Tourism
- DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
- French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Master Degree or Master Universitario according to the Spanish National framework.
Module I: Luxury Tourism Management
- The foundations and traces of modern tourism
- Elaborations of tourism
- Tourist objects, tourist rituals
- Luxury brands
- Introduction to Revenue management
- Strategic pricing
- Differential pricing
- The revenue management’s role
Module II. VIP Tourism
- Luxury select destinations worldwide
- Golf Business and Management
- Cruise & Private Jet & Private Charters
- Small groups/Tailor-made tours
- Boutique hotels
- Events Management VIP
- Food and Beverage VIP service
- Customer service VIP
Module III. Marketing of VIP Tourism
- General Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Travel Agencies and Tour Operators
Module IV. Foreign Language Intensive Course I (Spanish, French or Russian)
- Official DELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
- General French or Russian Language test according to the initial entrance level
Module V. Spanish/French/Russian Language for the Tourism Sector Module
Module VI. Final Project
- Project design
- Research tools
- Personal reflection
- Appropriate questionnaire designs
- Conducting academic research, literature search, and review
- Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
- Managing a research project IV: Production and Operation Management
Module VII: Internship
- Interdisciplinary Exam
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
*One academic hour: 45 minutes
The course covers contemporary managerial and strategic issues in luxury tourism management to enhance your employability in the growing and dynamic tourism industry.
The main luxury tourism industry categories are as follows:
- Private Jet/Airline Helicopter
- Beach Resorts
- Boutique Hotels
- Cruise Lines
- Cultural Attractions
- Ecotourism/Extreme Adventures
- Gastronomic Experience
- Gay/Lesbian Travels
- Golf Resorts
- Inbound Tour Operators / DMC
- Luxury Meeting & Conference Venues
- Natural Wonders
- Private Islands / Villas
- Luxury Shopping Villages
- Wildlife Experiences
- Polar Experiences
- SPA & Wellness
- Yachts Charter & Sailing Experience
The types of positions that graduates may occupy include the following:
- International Luxury Travel Advisor
- Global or Regional Luxury Events Specialist
- Luxury Travel Buyer
- Luxury Travel Seller, etc
To enroll in the Master Degree, it is necessary:
- to fill the online application form below
- submit the requested documents:
- passport copy
- last studies transcript
- English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done.
5 Reasons To Choose HTL International School
- All programs are given in English.
- All programs include an intensive teaching of Spanish from any level. You don’t need to know Spanish when you enroll in the program.
- All programs include paid training practices. We have many offers from national and international companies asking for trainees.
- You can switch campuses, to be able to learn the geography of Spain.
- The price of the program is 50% cheaper than in any other schools.
Barcelona, Valencia, Lloret de Mar
Instruction language: ENGLISH
Second language: SPANISH. for Foreigners, FRENCH or RUSSIAN
1 Year Professional Program
Intakes: October, January, April, July
Timetable: mornings or evenings
Load hours: minimum 72 ECTS
Enrolment fee: 200 euros
Tuition fee: 3.000 euros or 2 installment payments of 1.750 euros (only for non-visa students)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 25, 2018