On Campus version
The Luxury tourism industry is a rich industry that includes a wide range of fields: accommodation, food & beverage, spa, meeting & events, cruise line, yachting, sporting, casinos, entertainment, and transportation.
The Luxury/VIP Management Master degree in the tourism industry provides you with the necessary knowledge and expertise to enter the luxury service industry through a mix of academic pillars and professional practical experience.
The main teaching language is English. The study plan includes an intensive foreign language study module to choose from Spanish for foreigners, French or Russian. After the theoretic modules are completed or simultaneously with it, all students have to complete an internship period in one of the companies of the sector in Spain or abroad.
This program will provide you theoretical, linguistic and practical skills.
Instruction is in the form of lectures, seminars, workshops, videoconference classes, cases and individual assignments. Examination is in the form of written exams, individual and group assignments and workshop exercises.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE, of the correspondent A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 levels. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform for a period of 9 months with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according the study plan
- All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 9 months per academic year to prepare all required for the graduation tests and exams. The exams can be done online or personally at school in Barcelona or Valencia.
- You will have the possibility to do internship worldwide as HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run all year round simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
To enrol in the Master Degree, it is necessary:
1. to fill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
– Master Degree in Luxury/VIP Management in Tourism
– DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
– French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Master Degree or Master Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
Study Plan: 72 ECTS
Module I: Luxury Tourism Management
- The foundations and traces of modern tourism
- Elaborations of tourism
- Tourist objects, tourist rituals
- Luxury brands
- Introduction to Revenue management
- Strategic pricing
- Differential pricing
- The revenue management’s role
Module II. VIP Tourism
- Luxury select destinations worldwide
- Golf Business and Management
- Cruise & Private Jet & Private charters
- Small groups/Tailor made tours
- Boutique hotels
- Events Management VIP
- Food and Beverage VIP service
- Customer service VIP
Module III. Market research
- Introduction to Market research
- Writing for Marketing
- Customer Relationship Management
- Affiliate Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Social Media Channels
- Social Media Strategy
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Data analysis and Conversion optimisation
Module IV. Foreign Language Intensive Course (Spanish, French or Russian)
- Official DELE/SIELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
- General French or Russian Language test according to the initial entrance level
Module V. Spanish/French/Russian Language for the Tourism Sector Module
Module VI. Final Project
· Project design
· Research tools
· Personal reflection
· Appropriate questionnaire designs
· Conducting academic research, literature search and review
· Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
· Managing a research project IV: Production and Operation Management
Module VII: Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam
*One academic hour: 45 minutes
The course covers contemporary managerial and strategic issues in luxury tourism management to enhance your employability in the growing and dynamic tourism industry.
The main luxury tourism industry categories are as follows:
- Private Jet/Airline Helicopter
- Beach Resorts
- Boutique Hotels
- Cruise Lines
- Cultural Attractions
- Ecotourism/Extreme Adventures
- Gastronomic Experience
- Gay/Lesbian Travels
- Golf Resorts
- Inbound Tour Operators / DMC
- Luxury Meeting & Conference Venues
- Natural Wonders
- Private Islands / Villas
- Luxury Shopping Villages
- Wildlife Experiences
- Polar Experiences
- SPA & Wellness
- Yachts Charter & Sailing Experience
The types of positions that graduates may occupy include the following:
- International Luxury Travel Advisor
- Global or Regional Luxury Events Specialist
- Luxury Travel Buyer
- Luxury Travel Seller, etc
Program taught in: