Dive into the World of Luxury Retail, Fashion Design and Hospitality
This Master’s Degree will position you perfectly for a career in the luxury sector. Ideal for young talents, career switchers and companies investing in their employees, the intensive courses, immersive learning and real-world internships will take your career and skillset to the next level. If you lack a foundation of hotel management skills, you can complete a four-week Hospitality Immersion Program** on the Glion campus in Switzerland.
**The Hospitality Immersion Program is four weeks long, optional, and provided at additional cost. Delivered before the start of the Master’s courses, it contains Practical Arts courses in kitchen, restaurant, pastry, oenology, hospitality economics, and hospitality accounting.
What will you gain from the Master’s in Luxury Management and Guest Experience?
- Five-Star Hospitality Management Training: The four-week optional Hospitality Immersion Program educates you on the standards and responsibilities required for modern fine-dining service and culinary arts, guest relations and housekeeping. Ideal if you lack experience or a background in hospitality, you’ll learn professional standards of service and how to supervise operations.
- Business Management Skills: Anchored in Luxury Hospitality, this MSc program explores the Fashion, Design and Retail Industries and its synergies with the Hospitality Industry. Advanced and intensive courses such as Luxury Marketing and Brand Equity, Strategic Management of Luxury Brands, Retail Management and Impactful Design for Retail and Hospitality will equip you with the right tools and techniques to succeed. Semester two will see you involved in a Luxury Event, giving you the opportunity to test your strategic and management planning skills.
- Real World Experience: You will be directly immersed in the world of hospitality, art de Vivre, the essence of service excellence and gastronomic restaurants, as well as the world of fashion and fine design. This one of a kind program will challenge you with intensive courses, specific visits to fashion brands and discoveries of what happens behind the scenes of five-star hotels. You will benefit from unique interactions with guest lecturers, industry leaders and senior managers of top brands.
- Project Management: Designed to develop your critical thinking, research and writing skills, the Capstone Project is delivered at the end of the MSc. You will produce high-quality professional work and complete a project that you can take future interviews as an example of your expertise and ability.
Key facts: Master’s in Luxury Management and Guest Experience
- 2 academic semesters
- 1 internship
- February and September intakes
- Glion Campus – Switzerland
Is this Master’s degree right for you?
We have designed this program for recent graduates and career changers with limited or no work experience who hold a Bachelor’s degree. Your Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) should ideally be in hospitality or business.
What will you study on this Master’s degree in Luxury Management and Guest Experience?
Hospitality Immersion Program (Pre-sessional optional course)
Online Boot Camp
Luxury Business Environments
- Economics and Sociology of Luxury
- Business Trends in Luxury Hotel, Resorts and Events
- Gastronomy Universe, Fine Wines and Spirits
- Ultra-Luxury Travel and Experiences
- Luxury Fashion and Design
Marketing and Brand Management
- Building Brand Equity
- Experiential Economics
- Digital Transformation and Data Analytics
- Digital Marketing in the Luxury Industry
Field Trip to Paris & Bordeaux
Luxury Experience and Innovation
- Service Culture and Operational Excellence
- Design Thinking
- Sustainable Luxury and Design
- New Frontiers in Customer Experience
- Impactful Design for Retail and Hospitality
- Retail Management
Strategies and Business Models
- Strategic Management of Luxury brands
- Intercultural Leadership and Talent Management
- Corporate Finance and Value Creation
- Business Models in Luxury
- Legal Environment of the Luxury Industries
Field Trip to Milan
- 6-month internship
- Capstone Project
Take your career to the highest level
“This program gives future managers in luxury businesses the unique skills of a hospitality expert. You will acquire a service-oriented mentality and will be able to design, organize and deliver the best guest experience for luxury customers. These skills can take a career in retail and any luxury sector to the highest level. With study trips, case studies, recruitment days, special projects and a final internship, this MSc will help to open the doors of luxury employers.” Dr Nicoletta Giusti, Clinical Professor and Director of the Master Program in Luxury Management
Age Requirements: 21 years at the start of the program.
Education: Bachelor-level undergraduate degree* in a relevant field (business or hospitality preferred).
Minimum English Language Entry Requirements:
If English is not your first language, or if you have not spent the last three years studying in an institution where English is the primary language of instruction, please enclose a copy of one of the following:
- IELTS: overall 6.0 and min. 5.5 in every sub-component**
- TOEFL: Internet-based 80 or paper-based 550
- First Cambridge Exam: Grade A
- Cambridge Advanced Exam: Grade C
* If a degree/transcript is not in English (for the UK) or English, French, German or Italian (for Switzerland), an official certified/translated copy in English will be required.
** Only tests taken/issued in an official IELTS testing centre are accepted.
Note: All English certificates must have been issued in the 12 months prior to program start.
Program taught in: