The Low Carbon Technologies and Sustainable Chemistry is a new 2 years Master's Degree focused on natural cycles industrial chemistry, materials chemistry, industrial biotechnology with aimed at assessing the environmental impact and managing and developing low environmental impact technologies.
The course is conceived with an interdisciplinary approach, involving the topics of safety, health, environmental sustainability and biogeochemical cycles, with a particular focus on the development of low carbon processes, starting from biomass conversion, CO2 utilisation, identification and reduction of critical raw materials, and more generally, the progress and growth of atom-economy, material recycling, green chemistry.
5 reasons to enrol on the degree programme
- Develop technologies for climate change mitigation
- Acquire value chain competences on circular economy, from material development to urban mining and recycling
- Evaluate economic and environmental sustainability in energy, chemical and material production cycles
- Expand value chain competences on bio-economy from agronomy to biorefinery and bio-based building block production
- Labs, practical learning method, compulsory internship, 9-month experimental thesis
There are specific enrolment procedures for each degree programme. You can find detailed information about how to apply, tuition fees and deadlines on https://corsi.unibo.it/2cycle/LowCarbonTechnologiesChemistry/how-to-enrol
Study grants and subsidies
University students may obtain economic support during their studies from the Emilia Romagna Region, the University of Bologna and other external bodies.
Tuition fees exemptions
Check UNIMORE website to know which are the required documents to apply for full exemptions and special subsidies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 4, 2018