Nine weeks of theoretical and practical lessons and the opportunity of a practical training period at the best Italian restaurants
The Master course in Italian Cuisine and Oenology, lasting 180 days, is set out in two parts: the first, with a 55-day length, of theoretical-practical lessons at the ICIF headquarters, supplemented with educational field trips; the second consists in a 120-day professional internship (optional, not included in the subcription cost), at restaurants selected by the school.
The Master teaches regional traditional cuisine and its modern-creative evolution, the basic techniques, the appropriate decorations, the art of presentation and other fundamental notions on agricultural-food products, spices, aromatic herbs, food raw materials, together with a detailed study of wines and oils.
During their stay at the school all students will be divided into groups and will take turns preparing all of the ingredients necessary for the recipes. They will also be involved in practical tasks carried out in both the kitchen and dining room.
Minimum attendance 12 – maximum 24.
The Course has a total duration of 6 months:
- 9 weeks of theoretical and practical lessons at the Institute
- 15 weeks of internship (optional) at an Italian restaurant previously selected by the Institute.
Those who can enroll are:
- Holders of diplomas from higher education hospitality institutes or centres
- Foreign and Italian professionals from the food and wine sector
- Workers from the sector with at least three years of documented experience in hospitality industry worldwide.
- General knowledge and technical vocabulary. Traditional, regional and modern-creative cuisine
- Italian regional cuisine: condiments, herbs and spices, sauces, cold and hot antipasti, cold cuts and salami, fresh, dried and filled pastas, rice, gnocchi, polenta, white and red meats, game, seafood, vegetables, mushrooms, cheeses
- Preparation of the main regional dishes
- Innovative cooking methods (vacuum, low temperature and smoking)
- The drafting of menus for food intolerances
- Ice-cream making
- Food products
- Food & Beverage Management
- HALAL Certificatioin - Cooking for Muslims
- HACCP and food safety
- Italian language
The recipes prepared may vary according to season and to product availability. The number of recipes prepared varies according to their level of difficulty and, in the case of hands-on classes, from the level of skill and speed of execution of the participating students.
The professional internship – optional, not included in the subcription costs – takes place at the end of the Master Course at restaurants belonging to the Jeunes Restaurateurs d’Europe Association (www.jre.it), with which ICIF has stipulated an agreement.
The restaurants for the internship training are selected by ICIF experienced staff. Here the students can put into practice and improve those skills learnt during the course, as well as improving their knowledge in their particular area of interest.
The group is divided and each student is sent to a different restaurant.
Board and accommodation are supplied by the restaurateurs hosting the students, who provide them with the accommodation at their disposal.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 25, 2017