The Department of World Economy is a dynamically developing educational and research university subdivision. Today it is one of the leading think tanks in Russia on trade policy issues. The staff carries out research projects, including international ones, in various aspects of international economic relations. The leading professors of the Department have substantial experience in delivering lectures in foreign universities.
In 2010 the Department was awarded the status of WTO Chair. The WTO Chairs Program (WCP) aims to support and promote trade-related academic activities of universities and research institutions in developing and least- developed countries. Academic institutions awarded such status receive support in the following areas: curriculum development, teaching, research and outreach activities. The Chairs have been selected through a competitive bidding process.
Every year the students of the program participate in an internship on the basis of international economic organizations in Geneva such as UNCTAD, WTO, WIPO, ITC, etc. Representatives of international economic organizations take part in the program as lecturers.
- Research Methods
- Seminar on the International Trading System
- Institutional Economics: The Advanced Level
- Theory and Practice of International Economic Relations
- Theories of International Relations and Foreign Policy Analysis
- Contemporary Theories of International Management and Marketing
- Seminar ‘Countries in the System of World Trade Organization’
- Global Economic Development: The Trends and Prospects
- International Trade: Modern Trends and Methods of Analysis
- Business Communications – II
- External Economic Policy of Russia and the European Union
- Theory and Practice of International Business – II
- International Finance: The Advanced Level
Credits: 120 ECTS
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017