Take your knowledge of Logistics & Supply Chain management to the next level and transform your managerial and leadership skills with a one-year Master in International Supply Chain Management.
A Logistics and Supply Chain manager is not a master of just one specific area in the supply chain; he or she is a master of all areas including sourcing, planning, transportation, distribution, warehousing, inventory management, customer service, and strategic leadership. Our one-year intensive program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills required to transform yourself into a well-rounded Logistics and Supply Chain Manager. You will participate in an intensive program of combined classroom learning, company projects, and self-led projects. In this environment, you will both broaden and deepen your theoretical knowledge about Logistics & Supply Chain Management while simultaneously developing your project management skills and cultivating your personal leadership capabilities. At the end of the program, you will be an expert in the functional areas of Logistics and Supply Chain Management and will be equipped with the skills necessary to manage a logistics organization.
Please note: This program was formerly known as Master in Logistics Management.
Excellence in logistics is fast becoming a key factor in companies' competitive advantage. Companies worldwide spend up to 20 or 30 percent of their overall costs on logistics, while proficiency in logistics is demanded in management positions throughout organizations.
In sectors as varied as transport, production, and banking, a degree in Supply Chain Management will gain you a place among the decision-makers.
This Master program is built on three pillars:
- Education consists of core, specialization and elective modules. You can to a large extent determine your own course while developing all the necessary knowledge, skills and competencies of a professional in international business.
- Research is the focus of the final stage of our programs. You will complete your studies with a thesis research project, which can revolve around a theoretical subject or a project executed for an existing organization.
- Personal development is encouraged through a system that invites you to set your own particular study goals - and continually test those choices.
The curriculum of the Master program consists of general modules, specialization modules and a cycle of guest lectures. This design was adopted to create a combination of knowledge, skills, and competencies that all professionals in the business field must-have.
The first three blocks of the study program start with a combination of general modules and specialization modules. The general modules, which focus on management and research, provide the solid foundation of the Master Degree. The general modules are Critical Thinking & Research Methodology, International Project, Personal Development, and managing Corporate Sustainability. The cycle of guest lectures is entitled "Global Business in Transition". The specialization modules are Economics & Finance for Logistics Managers, Warehouse Management, Marketing/Sales & Supply Chain Management, Transportation & Distribution, Manufacturing Planning & Control, Strategic Sourcing, Integrated Business Planning, Leading & Managing Supply Chains, and Current Trends in Supply Chain Management.
After your study program
After your graduation
Congratulations! You just finished your Master in International Supply Chain Management and will receive the title Master of Science (MSc).
With your degree, you will receive a supplement, a DS-label. With this English document, you can show the value of your degree abroad when applying for other study programs or when applying for a job.
Graduates of the Master in International Supply Chain Management perform successfully in such fields as:
- Controlling production planning and scheduling processes.
- Making effective use of enterprise resources planning (ERP) systems while anticipating their impact on the manufacturing process and inventories.
- Planning and forecasting while translating internal and external customer demands.
- Managing and evaluating the supply chain and making effective use of relevant tools, principles and concepts and web opportunities such as e-business.
Supply Chain Manager
As a supply chain manager you plan, implement, and control the efficient, effective, forward, and reverse flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customer's requirements.
To enter the Master programs of Rotterdam Business School you must meet the following requirements:
Students with a Bachelor degree from an accredited university in the Benelux
- A business-related Bachelor Degree.
- Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter.
- An applicant with a non-business related bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years related work experience, with an additional mandatory interview can qualify for direct entry into one of the Masters Programmes.
Students with a foreign diploma
- A business-related Bachelor Degree.
- IELTS Academic 6.5* / TOEFL iBT 90 / Cambridge CAE: Grade C scale 180-184 | FCE: Grade B scale 176-179 | Grade A scale 180-184. (Exam results can’t be older than two years at the start of the study program)
- Curriculum Vitae and, motivation letter.
- An applicant with a non-business related bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years related work experience with an additional mandatory interview can qualify for direct entry into one of the Masters Programmes.
*No more than 2 IELTS sub-scores may be a maximum of 0.5 points below the required overall score.
For students who do not meet the sub-score requirements can qualify for an additional interview to receive the entry into the program of their choice.
Exemptions English test
Students who have followed a Bachelor Programme taught in English are exempt from the English test.
For students who do not meet these requirements, we offer the Master's Foundation Programme. After completion of this program, you can then enroll for one of our business masters.
About the School
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences has more than 36,000 students and more than 3,500 employees. There are a wide variety of programs to choose from across all educational sectors, with the excep ... Read More