In today’s global environment, expertise in international affairs is essential to understanding the contemporary world.
This is a cohort degree program. Students must complete 42 credits of academic work, demonstrate proficiency in a foreign language equivalent to having completed two courses in the language at the 300 level, complete a 240-hour international internship, and successfully complete a master's thesis.
All students complete an international internship between their first and second years of study. These internships immerse students in culture and real-world work overseas, providing them with language and professional skills in the field to which they aspire. For example, past students who hoped to pursue a career in the NGO arena participated in international internships with Global Vision International, the Foundation for Sustainable Development and others.
To be considered for admission, applicants must submit the following:
- Application to the Master of Arts in International Studies program.
- Official transcripts must be submitted from ALL degree-granting (bachelor’s or master’s degrees) colleges and universities attended. An official transcript submitted in a sealed envelope which you have received from your college or university is acceptable.
- A graduate admission test is required for applicants with a bachelor's degree cumulative GPA below a 3.0. Applicants with a GPA between 2.5 and 2.99, may be considered for admission by submitting a satisfactory Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with minimum scores of Verbal: 154, Quantitative: 147, and Analytical Writing: 4.0 or by demonstrating significant relevant professional experience. GRE Institution Code: 4047.
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic source, which describes your professional and academic abilities.
- Submit an essay expressing your reasons for wanting to join the particular academic program to which you are applying. What are your personal and career goals, and how will this particular degree from Chapman University help you reach those goals? Your essay should be double spaced, size 12 font, and 2-4 pages in length.
Accelerated Undergraduate/Master of Arts in International Studies
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 23, 2018