- Level of education: Master programme
- Type of instruction: Full-time
- Duration: 2 years
- Language of instruction: English
Benefits of the programme
- The programme ‘International Sociology’ targets students interested in a multidisciplinary study on social, economic, political and cultural changes in modern Western and Eastern societies.
- The track ‘Studies in European Societies’ is the outcome of collaboration between SPSU and Bielefeld University (Germany) with the support of German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Centre for German and European Studies. It focuses on modern development trends of European countries, including the Europeanization of politics, transformation of European market system, changes in social patterns, and European cultural differentiation.
- A number of courses of the programme are taught by leading international experts from top-ranking universities and research centers of Germany and other European countries.
- Diploma of SPSU is supplemented by an international certificate from Bielefeld University, Germany.
- The track ‘Global Sociology: Comparative Prospects’ aims to train well-rounded specialists with a set of skills allowing them to perform comparative sociological analysis of modern social, political, economic and ethnocultural processes and phenomena typical for Western and Eastern societies in view of globalization.
- Students get the opportunities to conduct multidisciplinary comparative studies discovering the Russian-European space being involved in the international professional and academic networks.
- MA programme is full of workshops, schools, international seminars, research mobility options, internships.
- European Modes of Production and Consumption
- Cultural and Social Aspects of Globalisation
- Regionalisation and Multi-Level Governance in Europe
- The main principles of the European democracies: national, supranational and global levels
- Global Networks in Modern World
- Cross-Cultural Communication under Globalisation
- Cultural Diversity, Public Communication and Policy of Multiculturalism in Modern Europe
- Information Technologies and Methods in Sociology
- History of Sociology: Classical Foundations of Modern Sociology
- Methods and Methodology of Sociological Research
- Practical skills in conducting academic research in multidisciplinary fields
- Analysing new theoretical and applied results in the chosen subject area
- Providing organizational, communicative and consulting information
- Russian and international commercial and non-commercial companies and organizations
- International monitoring and analytical institutes, conducting research in industrial, production, political, sociological fields, etc.
- Universities, institutes and other educational organizations
- Public administration and governmental structures
- Marketing, PR and recruitment organizations
- Mass media policy
- Nongovernmental organizations
Last updated August 2019