Master in International Marketing
In today’s globalised world we have to consider that few – if any – companies are purely local or even national, and we cannot disregard the impact of foreign competitors and markets.
International trade could be a way of creating wealth in developing countries, as well as reducing tension by creating a win-win situation for those involved. But marketing is just a tool; it is the user who decides what it is to be used for. To make this choice, you need an under- standing of the surrounding organisation as well as what international marketing is, how it can be used, and how it impacts on society as a whole.
The International Marketing programme provides students not only with the theoretical knowledge of international marketing and business but also helps to develop the skills needed for successful collaboration within and between multinational groups.
The programme provides students with an understanding of management and the strategy of international business, as well as different kinds of marketing. The programme is also designed to increase students’ knowledge and skills through reading, discussing, searching for information and making analyses, as well as preparing them for work in an international environment. Apart from taking a final written exam, students will also be evaluated during semi- nars and through several projects.
Your training as a marketer and international business professional starts in the classroom where you need to actively participate in discussions, projects and presentations. For this reason these are all mandatory and cannot be substituted with other tasks.
Assignments will be presented in writing and orally at seminars. During the seminars, students will peer-review and scrutinise each other’s papers in groups.
One of our prioritised fields of research is business relations in industrial, financial and consumer markets. Special interest is directed towards the impact of information technology on business relations. In this particular area, there is a research programme called Business Relationships and IT.
Employment and Future Prospects
After graduating from the programme, you will have a good understanding of central concepts and theories in the field of international marke- ting and business, as well as the skills needed to collect and process information for management decisions. You will have the ability to analyse problems in new or unfamiliar environments or situations, and be able to co-operate and communicate successfully in multi-ethnic contexts. You will be prepared for work in an international organisation and for work within international trade in cross-cultural environments.
Knowledge and Understanding
Upon completion of the programme, students are expected to have given proof of profound understanding and knowledge of:
- theories and research methods in the field,
- the scientific foundations and professional reality in the area, as well as an understanding of research in the field, including its development,
- ethical and social aspects within the area of specialization.
Aptitudes and Accomplishments
Upon completion of the programme, students are expected to:
- have given proof of the ability to integrate knowledge, as well as to analyze, interpret and handle complex situations and problems, under time pressure and on the basis of limited information,
- have given proof of the ability to identify and formulate problems independently, and to plan and execute tasks with the help of suitable methods,
- have given proof of the ability to accomplish qualified tasks within given time frames,
- have given proof of the ability to present, in a clear manner and in both speech and writing, their insights and knowledge to an international audience consisting of both specialists and non-specialists,
- have given proof of their ability to carry out independent investigations in their area of specialization,
- have contributed to national and international cooperation between academia, private enterprise, and the public sector.
- For studens outside EU/EAA
- First semester fee: 49250 SEK
- Total programme fee: 98500 SEK
A completed Bachelor's degree from an institution of higher education of three years or more, equivalent to at least 180 credits and with a major in the field of Business Administration.
A TOEFL test result, minimum score 575 with a TWE score of at least 4.5 (PBT) or 90 with a TWE score of at least 20 (iBT) or an IELTS test result with an overall band score of minimum 6.5 and no band score below 5.5 or equivalent is required.
This school offers programs in: