The globalised nature of modern business means that companies increasingly seek to recruit managers that possess specialized international expertise and the necessary skills to perform at a high level in multicultural, global settings.
ISCTE Business School is one of the leading business schools in Portugal and offers you an opportunity to master the skills of international management in a multicultural environment.
The programme is taught in English and is open to internationally oriented students with a Bachelor's degree in the area of Management or with relevant experience in international business. This highly competitive academic programme prepares students to act in global business enterprises and internationally-connected organisations.
Why choose the MIM at IBS
Some of the strengths of the IBS Master's in International Management are:
- An after-work schedule to cater for students' professional commitments;
- An intensive and compact programme, lasting one year (plus final project/dissertation);
- A multicultural study environment with fellow students and a faculty of many different nationalities;
- Due credit is given both to:
1) Professional interests, through modules aiming at the acquisition of "how to" competences in international settings;
2) More research-oriented interests, through modules and seminars aimed at the acquisition of capabilities for conducting investigation in the area of international management.
- "Wide band" programme designed to respond to a vast array of interests and specialities;
- Experienced international teaching staff; more than 60% of our staff come from abroad;
- Possibility of getting a double master degree from some partner universities.
- Students have the possibility of learning the Portuguese language during the Master's. This opens opportunities in some of the more dynamic markets nowadays (Brazil, Angola and others). Portuguese is the language spoken by around 300 million people on all continents.
- Lisbon offers an exceptional historical heritage and a large variety of cultural and leisure time activities. And, ISCTE Business School is situated close to the heart of Lisbon.
- Financial advantage over other academic centres in Europe and United States. As the cost of living is below that of other capitals, students will find the time spent in Lisbon free from money concerns.
The tuition for the whole programme is 8,600€:
7000€ in the 1st academic year and 1,600€ in the 2nd academic year (dissertation year).
In the first year, the tuition fee can be paid either in one lump sum or spread over nine installments.
Application Process 2018/2019
The applications period for the forthcoming edition of the MIM programme is now open.
To apply for the Master in International Management you must submit the following documents:
Online application form; Curriculum Vitae; Proof of payment of Application Fee.
Early applications are advised, as the evaluation process is carried out on first come, first served basis.
Upon request from the Admissions Office you should send (copies in paper and files with scanned documents):
A copy of your official Bachelor degree certificate and any other degrees mentioned in the application form (if applicable)* Academic transcripts of courses and marks (if applicable) Two original photos Copy of your ID Card or Passport (and if applicable of Fiscal Identity Number) GMAT Score – optional *
*In cases where a Diploma is not available but the graduation is expected before September 2017 – we ask students to sign a Declaration of Commitment. The Bachelors diploma must be provided no later than mid-September.
*The presentation of the GMAT score may enhance the value of your application, and may be obligatory in certain cases.
Test results should be sent directly by the ETS (Educational Testing Service) to ISCTE-Business School.
Application Fees 2018/2019:
1st round (until 15th March): 50 euros
(Subsequent rounds only in case there are available seats)
PLEASE NOTE - We cannot begin to process your application until we have received your application fee (non-refundable). It is, therefore, essential you provide us with proof of payment.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 10, 2017