Today, the majority of firms operate internationally, whether that entails limited regional exporting or extensive sales or supply chain operations in foreign markets. Is the ability to manage complex international operations, while focusing on the well-being of all stakeholders, core to your ambitions and interests? Then the Master’s program in International Management at Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) is for you.
Research Expertise at Utrecht
Based on Utrecht University’s research expertise, this multidisciplinary Master’s gives you a deep theoretical understanding of the complex interactions at play in international business. While this program is very practically oriented it teaches you to draw on a firm basis in the theory of economics and business in order to deliver excellent results for an organization.
Content of the Program
In the Master International Management you will focus on:
- Effective and ethical management in a complex international environment;
- The interaction between the economic environment, economic policy, financial markets, and financial institutions in an international business context;
- Corporate social responsibility, ethics, and human behavior, and intercultural sensitivity as a key to international management;
- The role culture and incentives play in the behavior of individuals, firms, and governments;
- Developing the ability to flexibly adjust to, and effectively operate in, any new international working environment in many different fields and organizations.
The MSc in International Management provides you with:
- the knowledge, understanding, and skills necessary for a professional career in international management;
- broad training in international managerial economics;
- deep understanding of the interaction between the economic environment, economic policy, financial markets, and financial institutions from an international business perspective;
- a clear understanding of the role culture and incentives play in the behavior of individuals, firms, and governments;
- excellent analytical, social and communication skills;
- a sustainable vision of management in which all stakeholders’ needs are recognized and taken into account;
- a qualification that is highly sought-after in today’s globalized world of business and management.
Upon completion of the MSc in International Management, you are thoroughly prepared to work in a global corporate environment in which you manage such complex issues as global marketing and finance, supply chain management, cross-cultural management, and foreign market entry strategies. Your academic-level economic research skills, experience in business analysis and consulting skills strengthen your profile further. Upon graduation, you will be well prepared for a range of different (international) career opportunities in consulting, business strategy and development, a corporate venture management and start-ups.
The Master in International Management prepares you to work in a global corporate environment in which you will use your new knowledge and skills dealing with issues such as global marketing and finance, supply chain management, cross-cultural management, and foreign market entry strategies. The multidisciplinary approach of this and all U.S.E. Master’s programs, along with a high level of internationalization, offers you advantages in your international management career. As a graduate of this program, you will find that you are well prepared for a range of different careers. Graduates from the program have gone to work in a number of different institutions and sectors.
- Leadership positions in multinational firms
As a leader in a multinational company, you need a clear overview of how strategy, corporate finance, financial management and economics impact the management of an international organization, and a good understanding of how the external environment affects the firm’s opportunities. Your broad multidisciplinary training in the economics of management is the perfect preparation for this type of position. Moreover, your academic level and research skills will enable you to quickly analyze any problem you face. Your training in teamwork and communication skills will strongly improve your effectiveness in a firm. Below you will find a number of career possibilities after graduation.
- Managerial positions in international operations
If you’re interested in running international operations, including subsidiary management, you will be well-prepared by the Master in International Management. In addition to understanding the overarching functions of international operations, from financial management to strategy to M&A and supply chain management, you will bring personal and analytical skills to operations management.
- International Business Consultant/Developer
As a consultant in the private sector, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team that prepares mergers or acquisitions, advises firms on redesigning their corporate strategy, or draws up proposals for an internal reorganization. All of these activities require strong analytical skills and the ability to see and analyze the overall picture. Your integrated training in economics and business, in combination with your analytical and quantitative skills, makes you well-suited for this type of position.
- International Business Developer for Entrepreneurial Firms
The MSc in International Management prepares you to act as an effective business developer in an international context. It is up to you to recognize opportunities, analyze risks and manage all the aspects – financial, strategic and organizational – that enable international entrepreneurial ventures to reach their goals and create new value. Your strong analytical and strategic skills, academic level of thought and focus on real-world issues strengthen your business development position.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 29, 2018