Scholarships available until September 30th, 2020
“We believe that everyone with the desire and qualifications to study at IUBH should have the opportunity to do so. Therefore, all applicants by September 30th, 2020 will receive a 2.500€ scholarship from IUBH University of Applied Sciences. The amount of scholarships is limited and only available for the first 100 accepted applicants. Apply today and receive the scholarship!”
Due to COVID-19, all lectures at IUBH University of Applied Sciences will occur in a virtual classroom until further notice. We aim to ensure that the current special circumstances will not result in students being disadvantaged in their course of study.
General management know-how perfectly combined with expertise in finance
In the International Management Master’s degree program with a major in Finance & Accounting, you acquire extensive specialist knowledge and relevant general management know-how, so you can safely navigate international capital markets.
You develop skills for preparing and executing financial policy decisions, learn how to handle financing options in international capital markets and accounting in accordance with international standards, and you acquire in-depth investment-analysis and portfolio-management expertise, so you can optimize your company’s financial performance. The career opportunities are excellent - Recent surveys show a high demand for graduates with excellent English language skills, practical experience, and a relevant Master’s degree from an internationally recognized university.
Facts & Figures
|Master of Arts (M.A.)||on Campus||4 or 6 semesters|
|Bad Honnef: March, September
Berlin: April, October
|from 5,290 EUR per semester||Bachelor’s degree,
proof of English language skills
What you will learn from us
The Master’s degree program prepares you specifically for work in the field of globalizing financial markets and their direct environment:
- You develop expertise with regard to the preparation and execution of fiscal decisions in international capital markets.
- You learn how to handle financing options in international capital markets and how to meet international standards.
- You acquire in-depth expertise in investment analysis and portfolio management to optimize the financial performance of companies.
Course of study at a glance
- Advanced Research Methods
- Applied Statistics
- Service Operations Management
- Performance Measurement and Management
- International Business Ethics
- Corporate Governance in an International Context
- International Economic Policy
- Foreign Language A
Electives (Choose 4 out of 6):
- International Organizational Behaviour
- Advanced International Human Resource Management
- International Management Accounting & Control
- International Marketing
- International Financial Accounting
- International Financial Management
- Negotiation Skills in an International Context
- Foreign Language B (Arabic/French/Italian/Spanish/Chinese/German/Russian)
- Strategic Aspects of the Service Industry
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management
- Advanced Management Accounting & Control
- Current Issues in Finance
- Current Issues in Accounting
- Master Thesis & Colloquium
How does the course of studies work?
In the third semester of your Master's program in International Management, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Where you will be studying
You can pursue your Master’s degree at the two German campuses in Bad Honnef and Berlin.
There are always certain risks associated with major business decisions. Your job as a Risk Manager is analyzing these risks. For example, if you work in a bank, you need to assess credit risks before making a loan decision. For mergers and acquisitions, you must examine whether they will result in the desired outcomes. And if a company wants to bring a new product to the market, a detailed analysis of the competition and financial risks is extremely important. Regardless of the specific business field, your goal is always to identify and evaluate potential risks and to develop scenarios to avoid them so you can avert future damage to the company.
Controllers are responsible for measuring the profitability of the entire company using KPI systems. On the basis of such measurements, they must identify risks, weaknesses, and potential for improvement in the company, but also identify opportunities to develop and evaluate solution concepts, often together with specialist departments. Controllers are also in high demand for implementation: They record and evaluate implementation progress and success centrally and proposes adaptation measures as necessary.
As a Compliance Officer, you have a controlling and supervisory function within a company. You are responsible for developing an organizational structure in which employees can comply with legal regulations. You introduce control mechanisms through which violations of these regulations can be detected. And you inform employees about legal requirements and provide training in this area.
Hospitality Management | A brief explanation from IUBH Professor Legrand from IUBH on Vimeo.
About the School
IUBH Campus Studies at IUBH University of Applied Sciences offers on-campus degree programs that have a strong international focus: all courses are taught in English, the curriculum is aligned to the ... Read More