Develop your skills and accelerate your career in International Management.
Designed for careers in International Business Management.
The Master of International Management (MIM) is designed for students interested in pursuing careers in international business management. The degree is geared towards recent undergraduates or working professionals with less than two years of experience. The MIM provides a comprehensive introduction to international management: how do companies market and operate at an international level? What are the communication and cultural challenges for businesses today? What are the ethical and social responsibilities of the business world?
- Switzerland is a dynamic and multicultural learning environment;
- An overview of key business theories and practices;
- Practical communication and negotiation skills for entering the multicultural workplace;
- Insights into the latest global business trends and challenges.
In addition to core management courses, the Master of International Management trains students to be skilled in international business practices with a strong cross-cultural focus. The program provides a global perspective on issues such as international marketing, cross-cultural negotiation, and human resources and aims to link theory to practice.
The Master of International Management is comprised of 14 courses taken over one year in the day.
- ECO 607 – Global Economics
- LAW 660 – International Law
- MKG 615 – Consumer and Market Insight
- MGT 605 – Strategic Supply Chain Management
- NEG 615 – International Negotiations
- MGT 610 – Leadership and Organizational Behaviour
- COM 630 – Digital Communication and Marketing
- FIN 510 – Corporate Finance
- MGT 666 – Small Business Management
- TRA 660 – International Trade Law and Policy
- MKG 667 – International Marketing
- MGT 645 – Corporate Governance
- MGT 650 – Digital Transformation
- BUS 497 – International Management (Capstone Course)
- A completed application form (should include your Motivation letter)
- Official Undergraduate Transcript (certified translation in English) (Minimum GPA recommended 2.7 or above on the scale of 0-4)
- Official Undergraduate Diploma (certified translation in English)
- Non-refundable application fee of CHF 150.- or € 140.- or USD 150.-
- English proficiency test: either TOEFL (minimum score 80), IELTS (minimum score 6.0) or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE). IUG institutional code number for the TOEFL is 0130;
- Curriculum Vitae stating any relevant professional work experience;
- Letter of reference from an employer or a professor;
- Copy of valid passport;
- Two passport size photos.
The following additional requirements apply to MBA program candidates:
- A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0
- At least 2 years of work experience is recommended
About the School
Ranked among the top ten business schools in Switzerland, the International University in Geneva (IUG) is an accredited academic institution specializing in business education.