Why this study programme?
The purpose of study programme specialization is to prepare international law specialists who will be able to conceptualize, identify, understand, analyse and resolve problems arising in international legal regulation, develop motivated, logical and legally grounded arguments and solutions to these problems and the ways to prevent them, which would ensure effective application of international law, improve the work of states and international organisations.
Specialisation responds to the need to have professional, high skills specialists, able to develop and implement the strategies and foreign policy objectives of any country, represent and protect the interests of states or companies in international fora, ensure effective international cooperation among the states and international organisations and coherence between international and national law. The study programme also addresses the challenges of globalisation whereby the line between international and national is slowly disappearing and international issues become more and more relevant in traditional fields.
- The studies begin at Mykolas Romeris University and include 1 compulsory study abroad semester through Erasmus scheme. Students are free to choose from partner universities that offer corresponding subjects.
- This programme combines all the essential aspects of International Public and Private Law, as well as the European Union Law.
- So far it is the only international law programme which offers international internships to practice the knowledge and skills acquired.
- Bachelor's degree of law or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration;
- English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe). Distant English language level test is organized for those, who do not have IELTS or TOEFL certificates.
International mobility possibilities
The international mobility is required. Study programme includes one compulsory study abroad semester (III semester). The IV semester is devoted to internship (recommended abroad). For the semesters abroad and the internship, students can apply for Erasmus+ scholarship.
Having graduated from International Law study programme, individuals can work as advocates, diplomats, international business leaders, policy makers, in international law divisions of government institutions, in international arbitration and judicial bodies as lawyers or judges, international organizations, European Union institutions, legal departments of internationally operating law firms and enterprises, international research agencies and non-governmental sector.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 19, 2017