The purpose of study program specialization is to prepare international law specialists who will be able to conceptualize, identify, understand, analyse and resolve problems arising in international legal regulation, develop motivated, logical and legally grounded arguments and solutions to these problems and the ways to prevent them, which would ensure effective application of international law, improve the work of states and international organisations. Specialisation responds to the need to have professional, high skills specialists, able to develop and implement the strategies and foreign policy objectives of any country, represent and protect the interests of states or companies in international fora, ensure effective international cooperation among the states and international organisations and coherence between international and national law. The study program also addresses the challenges of globalisation whereby the line between international and national is slowly disappearing and international issues become more and more relevant in traditional fields.
The studies begin at Mykolas Romeris University and include 1 compulsory study abroad semester through the Erasmus scheme. Students are free to choose from partner universities that offer corresponding subjects. This program combines all the essential aspects of International Public and Private Law, as well as the European Union Law. So far it is the only international law program which offers international internships to practice the knowledge and skills acquired.
International Mobility Possibilities
The international mobility is required. The study program includes one compulsory study abroad semester (III semester). The IV semester is devoted to internship (recommended abroad). For the semesters abroad and the internship, students can apply for Erasmus+ scholarship.
Having graduated from International Law study program, individuals can work as advocates, diplomats, international business leaders, policymakers, in international law divisions of government institutions, in international arbitration and judicial bodies as lawyers or judges, international organizations, European Union institutions, legal departments of internationally operating law firms and enterprises, international research agencies and non-governmental sector.
Bachelor's degree of law or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration.
English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe). Distant English language level test is organized for those, who do not have IELTS or TOEFL certificates.
Application Procedure and Required Documents
Follow 4 steps:
- Fill out the online application form at apply.mruni.eu
- Upload the required documents.
- Secure your registration by paying the application fee.
- Submit your application.
- Educational documents.
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of secondary education diploma or high education diploma with the transcript of academic records. Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Note: Additional educational documents (such as the results of state examinations or pre-University education) might be required according to the applicant's country of residence.
- For Masters degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of university transcript and diploma (a candidate must have a University Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration). Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Document proving the results of the English language proficiency.
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: at least level B1; assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B1: TOEFL Paper 477-510, TOEFL IBT 53-64, IELTS 4.5-5.0, PTE level
- For Master degree-seeking students: at least level B2, assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B2: TOEFL Paper 513-547, TOEFL IBT 65-78, IELTS 5.5-6.0.
- Note: in case you do not have IELTS or TOEFL, there is a possibility to take the online English language level test organized by the University. You should choose this option when filling the application. There is no additional fee for this test.
- Passport copy.
- Passport type photo.
- Notarized letter of sponsorship from parents/sponsors and the letter from a bank about their financial abilities (showing incomes from the last 3 months).