This course prepares you for a key management position in an exciting and complex industry. With an expected 30% increase in jobs by 2022, it is one of the fastest-growing industries worldwide. Because of this, there is much need for strategic management professionals.
You will have a wide range of career opportunities, ranging from general manager, head of research & development, corporate policy advisor, or sales and marketing manager; all at a strategic level. Wherever you go, you will help develop the organisational structure, strategies, processes, and corporate culture.
With this study programme, you will earn two top-rated and highly-respected master's degrees in 14 months: a Dutch Master of Arts (MA) and a British Master of Science (MSc).
The Dutch master's degree earned the title ‘top-rated master in Hospitality in the Netherlands’ (Keuzegids Masters, 2016 and 2017). It also received a triple 'good' rating by the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders, among other awards and accreditations.
NHL Stenden will offer you a world of opportunities. Besides earning a dual degree, we have 600 industry connections in 40 countries and 5 international locations. As a highly skilled graduate of this course, you will be in high demand at a variety of companies all over the world.
To be admitted to one of the bachelor programmes you have to meet certain admission requirements. NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences recognises the following general international qualifications:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or European Baccalaureate Diploma
- High School diploma from an accredited institution
- Four GCSE/GCE ‘O’ level passes (final grade A, B or C) and two ‘AS’ level passes. These six passes combined must all be in different subjects.
- Associate, bachelor's or master's degree
Furthermore, some of our bachelor programmes may demand additional entry requirements.
If you are aged 21 or older and would like to enrol at NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences, but do not currently meet the admission requirements, you are invited to register for the entrance examination.
All non-EEA applicants are required to submit an English proficiency test with their application. Exceptions are made for students, who have had their preparatory education in a country where English is the official working and educational language. The language requirements for EEA students are the same as for Dutch students. If your diploma is listed here, the additional English language test is not required.
NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences accepts four kinds of official language tests:
- Academic IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.0 for each skill).
- TOEFL 550 (paper based), 213 (computer based) and 80 (internet based). Original test results must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to NHL Stenden. The TOEFL institution code for NHL Stenden is 9215.
- Cambridge ESOL score FCE-C (169, or higher).
- TOEIC 670 (Listening and Reading) and 290 (Speaking and Writing).
Please note: If you do not have the appropriate level, it is possible to enrol in our English Preparatory Language Course.
Start date: February or September 2019
Duration: 4 years, full-time
Tuition fee (annual):
September start: EU students = €2,083
Non-EU students = €8,150
September start: EU applicants: 15 August
Non-EU applicants: 31 May
February start: EU applicants: 17 January
Non-EU applicants: 1 November
Program taught in: