Hospitality is a growing industry that continually innovates to meet the demands of global customers. As the Master in International Hospitality Management represents the service industry, which is evidently growing in advanced economies, this program will open doors to numerous specialized fields. The Master in International Hospitality Management (MIHM) is curated to meet the constantly evolving hospitality industry needs. Graduates of the MIHM will be equipped with industry insights, inter-disciplinary knowledge, global management styles, and strategic decision-making, techniques, preparing individuals for managerial roles in hospitality and tourism.
In this program, you can expect critical discussions concerning emerging issues and key principles from international dimensions with regard to hospitality management. Students can also expect thorough yet in-depth research studies comprising planning, organizational insight, strategy, and data analyses at a higher-level, crucial to the development and innovation of the industry.
- 1 year (full-time)
- 2 years (part-time)
- Management and leadership roles in the service sector industries
- Regional General Manager / Operations Director / Executive
- Business Development Manager
- Hospitality education in the further and higher education sectors
- Destination planner
- International liaison for market development
- Market surveys / Market Intelligence Manager
- Consultant for the service sector and business start-ups
- International planner for events/projects
9 modules and 1 research project
- Marketing Innovation for Hospitality Business
- Competitive Strategies for Hospitality Business
- Research Methods for Hospitality and Tourism
- Brand Management for Hospitality Business
- Global Food Management
- Leadership for Hospitality Business
- Advanced Revenue Management
- Contemporary Issues in Hospitality
- Hospitality Research Project
- Events Planning and Management
Areas of Research
- Hospitality management
- Hotel studies
- Tourism and hospitality service marketing
- Heritage and culture tourism
- Tourism and hospitality human resources management
- Branding and promotions in tourism and hospitality
- Sustainability in tourism and hospitality
- Culinary studies
- Halal food studies
- Business travel and MICE
- Green events
- Communication in event studies
- A recognized Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 out of 4.00 or equivalent from a recognized institution of higher education, as accepted by the University’s Senate
- A Bachelor’s degree with a CGPA of below 2.50 out of 4.00 or its equivalent qualification can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years of working experience in a relevant field.
Other Qualifications: Any other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL: 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based) or 100 (internet-based)
- PTE Academic: 70 overall
Bursaries and Scholarships Available
Sunway Graduate Merit Scholarship
Awarded to students with outstanding academic results who are interested to pursue their education in the Master in International Hospitality Management.
Eligibility: Bachelor Degree program CGPA 3.50 and above; Applicable for 2020 intakes with Academic Certificate validity of the year 2018 onwards.
Graduates of Sunway University (UG) and Sunway College (VUBU) get to enjoy a 30% Alumni Bursary off tuition fee, equivalent to RM13,500.
MIHM Inaugural Bursary
A bursary of RM8,000 is applicable to students applying for the MIHM program for the inaugural intake, August 2020.
About the School
For almost 32 years Sunway University has established a reputation both in Malaysia and overseas, as an inspiring educational leader. Perfectly harnessing the highest quality of academic personnel and ... Read More