Graduates of this program are qualified experts of international economics who would be knowledgeable in the field and able to conduct scientific research at micro or macro levels, considering it in international and global contexts. Graduates of the program will possess the necessary skills for assessing and formulating international economic policies, conducting scientific economic analysis, employing appropriate methods and techniques for prediction and implementation of economic strategies at organizational and national levels, etc.
Students admitted to the program have a possibility to study for the Double Diploma with the leading Business Schools from CEEMS network: University of Trento in Italy and the University of Aveiro in Portugal.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of international economic theory and processes; to analyze and critically evaluate economic theory, new findings and the impact of the global environment on economic systems; develop and apply original ideas for research.
- Apply knowledge of the international economy, solve problems in an uncertain environment.
- Apply methods of modern economic analysis, employ techniques of quantitative, statistical and experimental analysis for policy evaluation in an international context.
- Integrate knowledge for solving multifaceted problems on the national and international level undertaking socially responsible decisions.
- Present summarized data, findings, conclusions of the research to a professional and non-professional audience.
- Be continuously engaged in the study process.
With this degree on résumé, graduates will be able to work as professional economists in international companies, agencies, governmental institutions, and the private sector. They can work in international organizations and other structures. They may also choose to pursue a Ph.D. in Economics, to work as the teachers of Economics in schools and universities.
- A Bachelor Degree diploma or an equivalent degree in the field of Economics or Finance. Applicants should have at least 30 ECTS in the field of Economics, Finance, and Management.
- Proof of English Language: applicants have to present a document proving B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (TOEFL 87 iBT/534, IELTS 5.5 or any other document proving B2 level) if the applicants had not received education in English. After admission, all students will be tested for English language level at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If English level will be below B2 students have to study English to reach a B2 level in the first two semesters of Master studies. Students have to self-fund English studies.
- Admission score is counted based on an Arithmetic average of bachelor degree diploma supplement all subjects* 0,7 + Evaluation of bachelor thesis or final examination * 0,3.
Students admitted to the program have a possibility to study for the Double Degree with the leading Business Schools from CEEMS network: University of Trento in Italy and the University of Aveiro in Portugal.
Bachelor and Master Degree students have a possibility to take part in various exchange programs (Bilateral exchange, Erasmus+) for studies and internships and get monthly scholarships of 300 – 700 Euro.
Vytautas Magnus University provides international degree students with a great possibility to choose Minor studies.
- Step 1 – Choose a study program at VMU.
- Step 2 – Pay the application fee.
- Step 3 – Apply online.
- Step 4 – Assess your education documents.
- Step 5 – Get ready for an interview with the coordinator of the VMU International Cooperation Department.
- Step 6 – Get confirmation of admission.
- Step 7 – Sign the Study Contract.
- Step 8 – Book accommodation in VMU dormitory.
- Step 9 – Pay the tuition fee.
- Step 10 – Check information for visa.
- Step 11 – Get original documents.
- Step 12 – Register for an appointment at Lithuanian Embassy.
- Step 13 – Arrange your arrival; get mentor support.
- Step 14 – After arrival: register at VMU International Cooperation Department.