The goal of the program is to train high-skilled managers for international trade and international trade policy.
Training is done in English by the leading faculty members of Belarus State Economic University as well as by home and foreign experts in the sphere of international economics and trade policy. The latest educational technologies are employed in the training process.
The program includes a set of unique courses which have no Russian language equivalents in the Republic of Belarus.
«International Economics and Trade Policy» is the Master's Program designed by the BSEU Department of World Economics with the technical support of the WTO Educational Centre, the Virtual Institute of the UN Conference for Trade and Development (UNCTAD), Berlin University for Applied Sciences being partners of the Master's Program.
The graduates awarded the Master's degree under the «International Economics and Trade Policy» Program will acquire specialist skills and knowledge of the WTO operation mechanism, peculiarities of the trade policy implementation by countries, regional integration unions, which will enable the future Program graduate to work in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Chamber of Industry and Commerce, diplomatic missions, countries' representative offices in international and regional organizations, foreign economic departments of national companies.
￼ ￼Program Peculiarities
Upon graduation a master student is awarded a degree of the Master of Economics majoring in «International Economics and Trade Policy» (direction 25 81 «Economics»).
- Instruction is provided by the leading professors of the BSEU School of International Economic Relations, as well as representatives of international organizations and Belarusian state bodies.
- The Program duration is 1.5 years.
- The language of instruction is English.
- The tuition is done on a paid basis: USD 3,500 per year of training.
- The Program consists of unique courses, including the major disciplines and elective courses. Up-to-date teaching methods and techniques are used.
- The Program includes internship as part of the curriculum.
- Students have an access to the vast BSEU library funds, as well as to the information materials of the UNCTAD Virtual Institute. Modern technical facilities provide perfect conditions for the education process.
￼The Program's Syllabus
- International Microeconomics
- International Macroeconomics
- International Trade Theory and Policy
- International Economic Law
- International Finance and Capital Markets
- International Competition and Competitiveness
- National Strategies of Transition Economies
- Cross-cultural Communication for Negotiations
- WTO Regulations and the International Trading System
- Regional Trade Agreements
- Trade in Goods
- Trade in Services
- Trade-related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
- Trade Negotiations and Trade Dispute Settlement
- Trade Policy of the European Union / Trade Policy of CIS Countries / Trade Policy of African Countries
- Foreign Direct Investment and International Investment Agreements / Environmental Economics and its International Dimension
Research work on Master’s thesis
Final certification (final exams and Master’s Thesis finalization and defence)
The national System for conformity attestation of the republic of Belarus State committee for standardization of the Republic of Belarus
Six days a week
￼Terms of Admission
Admission to the Program is done in accordance with the Procedure of admission to BSEU for receiving a university degree of the 2nd level in the institution of education "BSEU".
Terms of submitting documents:
From June 27 through October 31.
Admission is done based on the results:
of an interview (test) in English conducted by the staff of the Admission commission of the Master's Program in English.
From 7 July through October 31
The academic years starts on November 1st.
Full-time Master's Program in English (major «International Economics and Trade Policy») lasts 1.5 years.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017