Faculty of Economics and Business Administration is the largest faculty within the West University of Timisoara. Within this framework, the Finance Department has an unique position, by offering one of the most attractive career paths for both Romanian youth and foreign citizens willing to study in a multicultural educational environment. The Finance Department is strongly interconnected with public and private financial institutions/companies, recruitment agencies and successfully collaborating practitioners for providing an educational package adapted to the labor marketneeds, a consistent internship program and a fast graduates employment process in the labor market.
MICF offers a solid foundation of business practices, financial principles and skills that underpin a company's financial decisions.
Duration and price:
The MICF` students gain the necessary skills in the financial management of the company to suit their career aspirations by a full-time study (2 years - classes are available during evening hours).
The applied component:
In order to develop knowledge and skills for specific career paths in the financial institutions` world, master students carry out various team projects, case studies - business simulation software for companies, capital markets transactions, and they participate in work-shops and conferences.
Main course titles
- International Financial Management
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Social Responsability & Strategy
- Behavioral Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Institution Management
- Advanced Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Risks Modelling and Management
- Portofolio Management
Potential labour market positions following graduation
- Credit institutions/commercial banks: top-management, cash-management, officers, operations managers, consultants, credit analysts, risk managers;
- Public institutions: top-management, financial advisors, auditors, treasurers, liquidators, internal auditors;
- National/multinational companies: top-management, tax consultants, investment analysts, insurance agents, risk capital/venture capital agents;
- Investment firms: top-management, securities consultants, fund managers shares/debentures, brokers.
West University of Timisoara is one of the accredited universities in Romania to organize the Preparatory Year of Romanian Language. This language course is mandatory for students who wish to study in Romanian language and don’t have a language certificate in this sense. During the Preparatory Year students acquire the requisite knowledge of Romanian language as well and specific knowledge correlated with future training profile (anatomy, physics, chemistry, drawing technical etc.), if the curriculum is organized in Romanian.
The link to the programme is here.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017