The Master in International Communication Management programme (MICM) programme attracts students from across the globe who possess a broad spectrum of professional interests and experience. Many of our students already work in areas such as corporate communication and public relations, while others come to us from related fields including marketing, brand management, journalism, television, radio, and social media. At the same time we also welcome professionals from diverse areas who seek a career change. We seek professional men and women who have what it takes to successfully complete the MICM program and who will contribute to the richness of the classroom experience.
We believe that the communications professionals of tomorrow must be better equipped to deal with a broad spectrum of issues and challenges than ever before. Moreover, the communications function is increasingly seen as one of strategic importance to most large organizations. Our mission is to bring a practical focus to relevant and cutting-edge theory preparing our graduates to leadership excellence in the communications field of their choice.
Our Classroom Experience
The MICM curriculum is revised every year so that courses reflect trends in the marketplace in which our students and graduates will work. Courses are offered in diverse areas such as Corporate Reputation, Media Relations, Social Media, Internal Communications, and Brand Management. At the end of the program, each student acts as a consultant to a client organization by completing a thesis that presents a solution to a real-world problem. No discussion of the MICM classroom experience would be complete without a mention of the internationalism of participating students. Current students represent every continent on the globe and so bring a diversity of perspectives to any discussion. This diversity also means that MICM graduates are networked with peers around the world.
MICM Facts (full-time)
- Type of education: Professional Master
- Language of instruction: English
- Admission requirements: Higher educational degree (BSc or higher) and at least two years of relevant professional work experience
- Start: 27 August 2018 •Duration: 12 months
- Lecture days and hours: Monday and Thursday 9.00-16.00 hrs
- Study time: 40 per week (including lecture hours)
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Costs: €15,950
- Location: The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Accreditation: Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO)
- Degree: Master of Arts (MA)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 29, 2017