The Cameron School of Business (CSB) helps students reach success with flexible programs. We accommodate working professionals with our class offerings. The small class environment coupled with access to Houston’s business community provides a unique liberal arts focus.
The Master in International Business (MIB) is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge sets to be effective problem solvers and decision makers in a global business context. Students in this program will:
- Develop technical skills related to business disciplines and practices;
- Understand and navigate the political economy in domestic, bilateral, regional and global contexts;
- Communicate successfully in written and oral form and effectively engage in cross-cultural communication;
- Finish the program with a required capstone class that serves as an international study program.
MIB students are required to take 30 credit hours in the program. Eight courses will be offered through Cameron School of Business and two courses will be offered through the Center for International Studies. Students end the program with an international study program.
All applicants are required to submit an online application, official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if applicable), a current resume, and three official letters of recommendation. An application fee is also required at the time of application submission. The fee will be waived if you have attended an Open House hosted by Cameron School of Business.
A GMAT/GRE score may be required unless the applicant meets certain criteria based on an evaluation of academic performance and work experience. Applicants with a graduate degree will not be required to submit a GMAT/GRE score.
International applicants must also submit the following:
1) Proof of English proficiency: International applicants (except those who are from countries where English is the only official language, those who have earned degrees from regionally-accredited U.S. institutions, or those who have earned degrees in countries where English is the official language of instruction) are required to submit proof of English proficiency. The University of St. Thomas prefers the following services for determining English proficiency:
- Minimum score for IELTS – 6.5
- Minimum score for TOEFL IBT - 79
- English Language Center, Houston, TX Level 112
- Minimum score for PTE Academic-53
2) International applicants must have all transcripts and diplomas evaluated by an accredited evaluation agency. Preferred evaluation services are SDR Educational Consultants, World Education Services (WES), and Spantran. Reports must include course-by-course evaluations and grade point average equivalents.