The Master Program in International Business Management is designed and promoted by GEMA Business School and is a modular postgraduate program designed to train a new generation of Export managers and International marketing and business managers, able to drive companies and businesses to expand their market shares in international markets by:
- increasing the number of countries where products/services are sold, especially in fast-growing markets;
- increasing the number of product/service lines sold in international markets in tune with the structure of local demand;
- adopting new distribution strategies to get “closer to the customer” in international markets (e.g. commercial branches, joint venture, local production).
It is designed preferably for graduates in Economics, Social sciences and scientific subjects of any country wishing to become an Export manager or International marketing manager. GEMA Faculty Members, Visiting Professors, and Guest Speakers from International business context will hold all the training activities (lectures, class exercises, online sessions, homework, research, assignments, project works, etc.) in the English language.
Applicants should have fewer than 30 years and a relevant first Degree (preferably for graduates in Economics, Social sciences and scientific subjects) from a recognized University or other equivalent higher education institute.
In addition, candidates should demonstrate a B2 level (QCER) of English language knowledge or above, minimum standard requested to attend classes.
Every candidate will be expected to have an interview with school admission officers in order to assess motivation, attitudes, starting level of competencies and expectations.
- PROGRAM INTRODUCTION
Presentation of the Master Course.
Role, functions, skills and attitude of the International Business Manager.
You will able to set up and manage international sales projects
Team building and organizational leadership
You will be able to:
- set up, manage and lead multicultural teams;
- to manage time;
- to communicate in a globalized world;
- to overcome conflicts in a multicultural environment.
You will able to set up and run an Export office.
- STRATEGIC COMPETENCIES
This module aims to develop critical strategic and analytical competences to inspire and guide a company’s development in international markets.
You will be able to:
- identify the most interesting foreign markets ( attractiveness/accessibility analysis);
- evaluate their potential and their features ( market analysis);
- identify risks and obstacles of different nature in dealing with targeted markets ( e.g. economic, cultural, political, legal , technical);
- elaborate a proper commercial strategy taking into consideration distribution , price, product range, competition ecc.;
- identify a proper “entry strategy”;
- evaluate financial impacts of the commercial strategy chosen;
- coordinate company communication in different international markets.
- OPERATIONAL COMPETENCIES
Techniques of international trade
You will be able to handle the most important technical issues related to foreign trade:
work on international commercial contracts ( e.g. distribution, agency, franchising ,joint venture);
protect company’s intellectual and industrial property rights;
coordinate export operations from the commercial offer to the payment;
assess and handle tax implications of export operations;
manage payments flows and financial risks.
Selling in international markets
You will be able to:
- find and manage sales contacts;
- prepare and manage sales calls;
- adjust your sales style to different cultural and buyer environments;
- gain commitment from your potential customer;
- build and manage a sales force and a sales distribution network;
- use e-commerce and web marketing effectively;
- use sales “soft skills”.
You will be able to :
- judge on major geopolitical and geoeconomic trends affecting international trade;
- indentify the most promising Italian companies, products and services to be promoted in international markets, by a insight of the Italian international trade patterns and trends;
- elaborate and carry out a sales strategy to enter some of the most promising countries by:
- gaining a general knowledge of the geopolitical and geoeconomic situation of the targeted countries;
- evaluating business opportunities;
- identifying and managing country risks;
- identifying and overcoming obstacles to trade ( political, economic, logistic, legal, cultural, fiscal, ….).
This module will enable you to gain new insights and fresh perspective on the following countries:
- The Gulf area: Iran, Qatar, Uae, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Barhain, Oman
- North America: Usa and Canada
- Europe: France and the Visegrad countries ( Czech Rep. , Slovakia, Poland, Hungary)
- Some emerging “Stars”: South Korea, Egypt, Ethiopia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia
Specialists, Export managers, International executives, Entrepreneurs and Academics will provide the students with practical information to operate in these countries and enrich them with their specialist insight and experience.
International and export business plan
You will be able to:
- elaborate an International and/or Export business plan;
- elaborate a financial plan;
- identify possible financial resources.
The students, working in teams and coordinated by Gema’s Tutors, will work on an Export project with selected successful Italian based manufacturing and service companies.
The teams will present their Export projects and a Gema’s examining board will evaluate the results of the work done.
Students will spent 12 weeks internship in a successful Italian based manufacturing or service company, selected by Gema following high standard criteria.
Italy is one of the biggest exporters in the world, yet its real commercial potential abroad is still waiting to be tapped, as many small- and medium-sized Italian enterprises could attack overseas markets if they had professional figures well-versed in the entire process of the export supply chain.
The same may be said for companies in many other European countries or other geographical areas, each of them in their own landscape and in accordance with their own needs, may have an interest in augmenting their opportunities for international development. This is why the Master’s programme has modules for more in-depth study of the world’s most important geo-economic areas (Geotrade), providing more thorough knowledge of each country’s fundamental economic, legal, commercial, and social characteristics.
Based on the recommendations emerging daily from contact with the companies GEMA systematically works with for internships, the Master’s programme aims to respond to these precise needs, providing its students with targeted, specialist know-how and with tools and methods designed to increase their personal effectiveness for improved operative autonomy and consequent employability.
When the Master’s programme is completed, students will be able to offer their skills to all those companies that have plans for commercial expansion abroad and need professional figures able to manage these projects by proceeding by commercial objectives and critically assessing their job performance.
About the School
For more than 35 years, GEMA Business School has developed high-level management training courses for people and organizations national and internatioal level. With its wide array of postgraduate Mast ... Read More