The Graduate School of International Affairs (GSIA) was the first program in Taiwan preparing students to be part of the negotiating elite in global political and economic affairs. In 2014, GSIA transformed to the Master's Program in International Affairs, open to international students only.
Our curriculum features tailored, advanced courses focusing on global governance, global strategy and operations, and international negotiation and communication. All courses are mainly taught in English, with supplementary academic support in Chinese.
Graduating with a master’s degree in International Affairs is a great start for students who wish to achieve excellence in global governance, global business operations, international negotiation, public diplomacy, and global communication, all leading to the road of success.
The Master's Program in International Affairs originated as the Graduate School of International Affairs (GSIA), the Republic of China (Taiwan)'s first and only graduate program specializing in the study of international/global governance and globalization. It strives to build a professional platform focusing on theoretical and practical knowledge of international/global governance and international/global business operations, which nurtures faculty and students with international and global vision of governance and globalization, provides faculty and students with an international environment, cooperation opportunities and academic support, as well as aims to train future leaders in a variety of professional settings. In 2014, GSIA transformed to the Master's Program in International Affairs, open to international students only.
Goals & Objectives
- To build a research foundation focusing on theoretical and practical knowledge of international/global governance and international/global business operations:
- Continue to enhance the quality of an inter-disciplinary course design.
- Continue to strengthen the GSIA core curriculum, which emphasizes on both theoretical and practical issues in International Governance, International Business Operations, International Business Negotiation, International Communication, Diplomatic Affairs, International Conference Management, and Leadership.
- Continue to increase both the quality of faculty and students’ research.
- Continue to develop sub-programs on Asian and Pacific region research, in addition to the current two sub-programs on international/global governance and international/global business operations.
- Continue to hold regular international conferences/forums/workshops/seminars on international/global governance and globalization.
- To nurture faculty and students with international and global vision on governance and globalization and provide faculty and students with an international environment, cooperation opportunity, and academic support:
- Continue to provide high-quality courses taught mainly in English with supplemental academic support in Chinese and bilingual living environment.
- Continue to increase intellectual diversity by recruiting faculty and students with a diversified cultural background.
- Continue to increase international cooperation opportunities and build an international academic network with partner schools around the world.
- Continue to receive and send scholars and exchange students with partner schools around the world.
- Continue to strengthen the supervision system between faculty members and students.
- Continue to seek funding for research, scholarships and work-study opportunities to committed students.
- To train future leaders in a variety of professional settings
- Continue to develop links with related organizations, which may provide job opportunities for GSIA students.
- Continue to advice qualified students to pursue a career in professions such as academic, government, business, international trade, media, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to become:
- Diplomats / People’s Diplomats
- NGO Specialists
- International Conflict Mediators
- Global Business Operators
- International Trade Operators
- International Market Analysts
- Risk Management Specialists
- Financial Investors
- Specialists on E-Commerce
- International Conference Professionals
- Business Negotiators
- Teachers / Professors
- Communication Professionals
- Cross-Cultural Communication Specialists
About the School
As Taiwan’s top international university, MCU welcomes students from all over the world. Whether you are interested in pursuing a degree in Communications, Design, Management, Technology, Languages, L ... Read More