The Master in Interior Space Design will allow you to design, giving character and meaning to both domestic spaces and work environments, adapting to each one of them to grant them functionality and creativity.
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering","author_url":"","source":"©ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering"}" />
- Qualification: Master in Interior Space Design, own title issued by the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF)
- Direction: Joaquim Matutano, Ricardo Guasch
- ECTS credits: 60
- Duration: October 2020 to July 2021, February 2021 to February 2022, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 17: 00-21: 15.
- Price: Spanish Edition. October 2020: € 10,000 (+ € 450 pre-registration)
- Language: Spanish edition, English edition
- Access and admission requirements: Official university degree or equivalent. Knowledge of software in graphic representation for the architectural space.
How do the new economic and social conditions affect the solution of architectural problems? In this master's degree in interior design you will learn to give meaning to domestic spaces and work environments.
The Master in Interior Space Design is aimed at students who wish to specialize in designing interior architectural spaces . The Master focuses on improving the interior space with a distinctive character and appropriate meaning, underlining its inherent sensitivities (light, color, materials, textures, etc.) and also providing it with suitable conditions of use.
This is possible thanks to two focused visions, corresponding to their two postgraduate constituent diplomas, which focus on how new social and economic conditions affect the characteristics of spaces in work and domestic environments, respectively.
With active and proven methodologies, the Master in Interior Space Design aims to prepare designers to successfully face the challenges of the professional world.
Study interior design in Barcelona
If you are passionate about decoration and want to start your career in this area, but you are still not clear where to study interior design, on this page you will find all the answers. ELISAVA is among the leading design schools worldwide, as our training system allows students to acquire the necessary tools to meet current needs.
Thanks to our master in interior design you will be able to study interior design from perspectives and approaches that you would never have imagined. Below, you will discover only some of the many skills and objectives that you will be able to acquire throughout the course. To learn more, we encourage you to become part of the ELISAVA community.
Information session video
Objectives of the Master in Interior Space Design
- Delve into the specific production characteristics of the different design modalities in relation to the space to be designed.
- Assimilate the emerging social and cultural values that are at the base of the implementation criteria through the disciplines that articulate them: ergonomics, ecology, economics, sociology, anthropology and their impact on the entire project process:
- Interpret the requirements of the user or company and its functional program.
- Creatively apply knowledge in relation to the uniqueness of the case study.
- Assess the impact of new technologies and new materials on the conditioning of the physical space.
- Students get a specialization in interior space design and during their connection to ELISAVA investigate, analyze, share, listen and experiment with spaces, materials, textures, colors, light.
- All this to acquire an experience that trains them to successfully face the challenges of the professional world.
- Understanding of the determining factors that intervene in the implantation of interior, domestic and work spaces - technology, new social models, new behaviors, program and technology.
- Ability to give a differentiating character to the space, by mastering the sensitive registers of light, materials, and color.
- Ability to organize and plan a space.
- Mastery of the basic dimensions of the parts and elements that make up a functional program.
- Control of the basic characteristics of the space conditioning systems for environmental comfort.
- Mastery of the work phases and professional planning of projects.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Ability to provide characteristic solutions to complex problems.
- Know how to manage time.
- Ability to enhance the value of projects through good communication based on graphic and oral representation.
About the School
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering is a university center founded in 1961 and it is the oldest school of design in Spain. ELISAVA is among the 100 best schools of design and architectu ... Read More