Acquire skills in interior design while bringing creativity and innovation to tackle each interior design project. Solve the organization, setting, habits and ways of using each space.
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering","author_url":"","source":"©ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering"}" />
- Qualification: Master in Interior Design for Hotels, Bars and Restaurants, own degree issued by the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF)
- Direction: Ricardo Guasch and Patricia Von Arend
- ECTS credits: 60
- Duration: October 2020 to July 2021; February 2021 to February 2022, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 17: 00-21: 15.
- Price: € 10,000 (+ € 450 pre-registration)
- Language: Spanish
- Access and admission requirements: Official university degree or equivalent related to Space Design. Basic training in 3D software and interior design.
How do we endow the reception spaces with functional and emotional value? In the Master in Interior Design for Hotels, Bars and Restaurants you will be able to create spaces that respond to the needs of the current tourism sector.
The reality of what we know as hotels, bars and restaurants has transformed exponentially in recent years and is constantly expanding. It is a booming sector, whose business activities demand great creativity and a broad understanding of the specific circumstances that take place in it. That is why the Master in Interior Design for Hotels, Bars and Restaurants professionally trains to act and create within the field of hospitality and catering.
Today, the role of the interior designer is central to the traditional concept of reception, accommodation and assistance that involves activities always based on proximity and customer service. Today, the requirement to grant new functional and emotional values to spaces joins, in response to the new behaviors and longings of a society in continuous transformation and to which, without a doubt, the promoter wants to respond.
The designer has to attend to the large number of determining factors that take part in the decision-making prior to the project for this type of business: the general context in which the activity of the users is located - be it work, leisure or vacation -, the Economic status of the client type - from luxury to low cost -, the behavior model - from socialization to intimacy - that can lead to highly shared or highly private spaces, location, social and geographic scope.
Thus, in this Master the student will learn to get involved in complex projects, and to be highly competent in interpreting a highly diversified business profile, which is, in turn, represented by other very creative figures: that of the chain manager hotel, that of the chef, or that of the bartender, with whom you must interact.
The objective is to prepare the student to face the creative process, not only solving the organization of spaces and their setting, but also analyzing habits and ways of use. Consequently, the student prepares to practice methodologies that encourage innovation and the development of original concepts.
There is no doubt that the local area of Barcelona, with tourism as the first source of income and with a long tradition that we can already call culture in terms of design of hotels, bars and restaurants , offers an ideal framework for the development of this Master .
Information session video
- Train interior design professionals in relation to the growing hospitality sector. This sector includes the set of services offered within companies dedicated to accommodation, food and drink to users in exchange for a fixed price. It is, therefore, a specialized course in which it is intended to deal in depth with the special casuistry of this very dynamic sector.
- Achieve designer training that includes the perspective of the hotel sector, and of bars and restaurants, often represented by creative actors such as the hotel manager, the chef, or the bartender, with whom you must interact to respond to your vision .
- Know in depth the casuistry of the sector in all its modalities: thematic or traditional hotels, hostels, lodges, restaurants for avant - garde cuisine, fast-food , canteens, tapas bars, music bars.
- Make available to the student the necessary tools to make innovative proposals that treasure potential for success based on an exhaustive knowledge of the determining factors that intervene in the sector, especially in the new behaviors, attitudes and longings of the user.
- Prepare the student to provide comprehensive solutions that include all the areas that intervene in these places, both representation (user spaces) and service (production, administration, maintenance).
- Assimilate a transversal attitude towards design, incorporating the wide range of disciplines involved in the definition of these interiors, from lighting to furniture equipment and other functional objects that populate the space, and to fabrics and applied graphics.
- Know all the phases of work and achievement of a professional project within the scope of the program.
- Acquire a complete preparation that allows you to face projects with solvency both from an aesthetic and technical point of view.
- Within the academic environment, take advantage to enhance rigor and, at the same time, experimentation. Master the ad hoc terminology. Open avenues for innovation and research, registering and analyzing models.
- Ability to generate innovative and creative proposals within the scope of the program.
- Analytical skills for documentary research on the specific field of this study program.
- Understanding of the business casuistry of the sector at the present time.
- Ability to evaluate a professional order in the sector in any of its types and recognize the real needs of the client.
- Mastery of the entire creative process from conceptualization to completion of the project and its perceptual maintenance.
- Solve the integration of all the technical facilities and equipment that come together in the project.
- Control of the various disciplines involved, such as furniture, applied graphics, lighting, etc.
- Good resolution in the public expression of own ideas and projects.
- Knowledge of the work phases and realization of a professional project in the field of corporate interior design.
- Mastery of the relationship with the agents involved in the project.
- Teamwork capacity.
About the School
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering is a university center founded in 1961 and it is the oldest school of design in Spain. ELISAVA is among the 100 best schools of design and architectu ... Read More