There is a continuous demand for passionate, creative experts, especially in the fields of Interaction Design, User Experience and Human-Computer Interaction (HCI). The program equips its graduates with immediately marketable skills in design, technology, and theory as related to the domain of Interaction Design, User Experience, and Human-Computer Interaction.
Interaction Design shapes the experiences of people as they interact with products in order to achieve their goals and objectives. Interaction designers define product behavior, mediating relationships between people and people, people and products, people and environments, and people and services across a variety of social, cultural and technological contexts.
The MSc in Interaction Design (www.idmaster.eu) is offered by the Cyprus University of Technology (Cyprus) and Tallinn University (Estonia) bringing together an impressive experience and knowledge in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, and Online Learning.
The course is offered fully online in English and its current cohort is multi-disciplinary and international coming from more than 25 different countries.
Our graduates can pursue careers as Content Strategists, Creative Directors, Creative Technologists, Design Strategists, Developers (front-end or back-end), Information Architects, Interaction Designers, Mobile Designers, Service Designers, Usability Specialists, User Interface Designers and many more.
Our graduates have excelled as entrepreneurs and have been prepared for self-employability through successful pitching and presentation of their ideas and work to professional and public bodies as well as pursued suitable funding opportunities.
Specifically, graduates will have the following skills:
- knowledge about the techniques necessary for the design and development of easy to use, appealing and thoroughly designed software and systems
- understanding how digital media, as products and services, relate to existing social, cultural, economic and technological systems
- skills to effectively lead and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams through the entire process from design to development and evaluation of software and systems
- capacity to follow established professional, ethical and intellectual property protection principles
- ability to undertake internationally recognized research and continue studies at the Ph.D. level
Priorities in Focus
This course differentiates itself from other Interaction Design and HCI programs by addressing worldwide and European Union’s priorities as highlighted by the EU’s Digital Agenta.These are:
- e-Inclusion, as reflected by the European Commission’s view on the role of eGovernment, eHealth and eInclusion domains in sustainable human development
- e-Accessibility, which targets the removal of the barriers encountered when trying to access and use digital media products, services, and applications
- e-Services, which reflect the recognition of information technology as a powerful tool for accelerating economic development, whose benefits include accessing a greater user base, broadening reach, lowering of entry barrier to new domains and cost of acquiring new audience, alternative communication channel, increasing services to enhancing awareness and perception, gaining competitive advantages and potential for leveraging knowledge.
|MGA 670 Foundations of HCI||5|
|MGA 671 Interaction Design Methods||5|
|MGA 672 Developing Interactive Systems||5|
|MGA 673 Evaluating User Experience||5|
|MGA 674 Research Methods||5|
|MGA 675 Seminar I||5|
|MGA 676 Design Theory and Methodology||5|
|MGA 677 Design for All||5|
|MGA 678 Computer Supported Collaborative Work||5|
|MGA 679 Ubiquitous Computing||5|
|MGA 680 Sustainability in Interaction Design||5|
|MGA 681 Seminar II||5|
|MGA 682 Group Project||15|
|MGA 683 Thesis I||15|
|MGA 684 Thesis II||30|
The MSc in Interaction Design is designed for students with a Bachelor’s degree, who have a strong interest in the human aspects of interactive systems and a background preferably, or related to, Computer Science, Informatics, Design, Media Studies, Internet Studies, Social sciences, Psychology, and Education.
Students wishing to enroll in the program must possess the following qualifications:
- A degree in a related field with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 6.5/10, or equivalent, from a recognized and accredited university.
- Excellent knowledge of English. Graduates from a non-English speaking University may be required to produce evidence to prove their proficiency in the English Language.
International applicants whom English is not the native language are required to provide a proof of their English language proficiency. One of the following is accepted:
- GCE/ IGCSE Ο level: C;
- FCE (First Certificate in English): A;
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English): C;
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English): C;
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): 5.5;
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign language) paper version: 525, internet based: 70, computer-based: 196;
- CEF (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: learning, teaching, and assessment): B2.
Exemptions from submitting the English proficiency test scores may be given if the applicants fill one of the following conditions: English is their mother tongue, or they have completed a certifiable English taught degree.
We are currently recruiting students entry for September 2018.Our deadline for applications is the 31st March 2018.
To apply for the MSc in Interaction Design, send to email@example.com, the following documents:
- A copy of a valid passport or Civil ID
- A Curriculum vitae (C.V)
- A Copy of all earned Degrees (or a confirmation stating that the candidate is expected to graduate before January 1st, 2018)
- A Copy of academic transcripts
- A statement of interest (approximately 500 words) in which the candidate explains why he/she wishes to pursue this graduate program as well as indicating specific areas of academic and research interests,
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Any other certificates and documents such as relevant academic or professional work (publications, articles, portfolio etc) you feel can help us evaluate better your application.
The fees referred below are reduced by 20%, in the framework of a University decision and the approval of the Council of Ministers
Tuition fees for Master Programmes
- Cypriots Students and citizens of an EU Member State: € 4,100 (total)
- Students from non-EU countries: € 7,200 (total)
*By way of exception, the Master programmes of the International Institute of Cyprus have a tuition fee of € 4,800 for nationals of the EU Member States and € 8,000 for Non-EU nationals,
Every new student in any programme: €40
This amount is paid as a lump sum and covers insurance coverage, issue of student identity card, official certificates, official transcripts and degree, participation in the organized sports programmes of the University and registration in the Student Union for all years of your studies. This amount is mandatory for anyone wishing to confirm their position whether they are going to attend directly or whether they are male who will join the army. It is not refundable if the student decides to the programme
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 3, 2018