MSc Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Derby
The current course is designed according to the accreditation criteria set by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), which upon programme completion and individual case assessment leads to an accreditation by the BACP, and thus enables you to become an autonomous integrative counselling practitioner. This course will enhance your personal and professional development by:
- Increasing your theoretical understanding.
- Enhancing your clinical skills.
- Increasing your awareness to become a 'reflective practitioner'.
- Deepening your personal insight.
You'll be encouraged to:
- Develop your understanding of the theoretical, social, cultural and ideological contexts in which your clients perceive, confront and manage problems.
- Engage in in-depth consideration and analysis of major trends and orientations within integrative therapeutic work.
- Adopt an informed and critical approach to the of psychotherapeutics with particular reference to ethical issues.
- Identify and use appropriate sources of supervision within counselling practice.
- Develop skills in working from an integrative position with your clients.
- Carry out a piece of research related to the theory and practice of integrative counselling practice (Master's stage).
The teaching and learning strategies will vary depending on the subject module. Over the course, you'll learn in many ways including experiential exercises, lectures, seminars, tutorials, small group work, supported self study, skills practice exercises, debates and discussions, problem based learning. Your methods of assessment include some practical assessments, written assignments and the final dissertation at the Master's stage.
Language of Instruction: English
- Completed application form
- Translated (into English) and authenticated copy of latest degree and detailed transcript
- Confirmation of working experience (in English)
- Two (2) letters of reference (in English)
- Four (4) photographs
- Certified copy of your identity card or passport
- Certified copy of CRB check (Criminal Records Bureau)
- CV/resume (in English)
- Good knowledge of English (IELTS 7 or CΑE or TOEFL 250 or equivalent)
- Academic interview
This school offers programs in: