Master in Innovation-based Integrated Design
1. Study programme title:
Innovation-based Integrated Design
2. The number of available places:
3. Short description
Unlike traditional design, integrated design is not a one-sided and unidisciplinary justifiable action, but in order to generate a durable and sustainable design solution, it uses a holistic, three-way assessment. Thus, in order to be accepted and implemented in practice, the design solution must be "sound" - according to the "ecologically necessary versus technologically possible" binomial - from the ecological point of view, be fair, equitable and timely, from the point of view of ethical, social and economic view, as it must be designed to meet a certain utilitarian function, and to aesthetically enrich and signify a product, a space, a service, or an individual.
4. Main subjects
- Contemporary Cultural Theories of Design and Media semestrul I; semestrul II, semestrul III
- Digital Media for Data Communication semestrul I; semestrul II, semestrul III
- Sources of Innovation semestrul I; semestrul II, semestrul III
- Research-Oriented Projects for Luxury Products semestrul I; semestrul II; semestrul III; semestrul IV
- Crafts and Raw Materials & Fabrics semestrul I; semestrul II
- Creative Stages of the Design Process semestrul I; semestrul II; semestrul III; semestrul IV
- Interdisciplinary Experimental Design semestrul I; semestrul II
- Onthology of the Utilitarian Object semestrul I; semestrul II
- Environmental Coherence semestrul I; semestrul II
- Procedures of Project Implementation semestrul I; semestrul II semestrul III; semestrul IV,
- Design for Master Essay Thesis semestrul III; semestrul IV
5. Student advantages
Theoretical and practical content
- favors the best possible integration in the informational current through the passing of some humanistic and real-world disciplines (eg Digital Media for Data Communication in Design, Contemporary Cultural Theories of Design & Media).
- facilitates the development and cultivation of the ability to express and translate ideas into languages specific to the integrated design (eg, Creative Stages of the Design Process, Principles & Methods of Research-Oriented Project Development).
- stimulates imagination and creativity, the desire to innovate or to invent (eg, Design's Sources of Innovation, Stages and Opportunities, Transversal Knowledge)
- knowledge of the normative culture of the field as well as the norms/standards whose use makes the theoretical solutions to be transposed in practice, with the technology currently available to society.
- theoretical knowledge that highlights the theoretical and practical discourse of the professional at a level that transcends the narrow and perhaps mischievous horizon of the creator who responds to a simple, orderly social order, giving him an overview (Weltanschauung germ) on the field in (eg, Pragmatic Ontology of the Utilitarian Object, Environmental Coherence: information-energy-natural & artificial systems).
- cross-cutting skills, responding to the latest requirements of European academic education.
6. Career impact
The program investigates both the perspectives and the challenges of current professional practices, prefiguring the future practices of the vast field of integrated design ( holistic design derived from the holistic Greek word meaning "whole") through trans- and interdisciplinary approach, in close correspondence with the professional experience specific to the three major sub-domains of specialization - Product Design, Environmental Design and Graphic Design;
The principles and methods by which strategic predictions can be built and can be invented and / or innovated in any of the subdomains of the design by identifying new functions or services, by improving the environment as a result of using the solutions offered by the integrated design, by improving the relations of individuals, either within the social, public, or intimate family environment.
The program as a whole seeks to practice but also to familiarize itself with an experimental approach specific to the scientific and theoretical research, and which can ultimately be validated and justified by materialisations related to a specialized practice (articles published in journals, specialty conferences organized by prestigious design entities, pragmatic foundation through projects and / or prototype execution);
7. Contact details
Oituz str. Nr. 4, Timisoara, Romania
+40 256 592 913
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 13, 2018