The Master of Innovation & Technology (MI&T) degree provides cutting-edge research opportunities to students using state-of-the-art experimental or computational research facilities under the close supervision of faculty member(s). The College of Innovation & Technology has research strengths in diverse areas addressing present-day challenges, as well as developing technologies for the future. The College offers graduate research in the following areas: Cloud Virtualization, Big Data Analytics, Health Informatics, Logistics, Materials & Supply Chain, Cyber Gaming, Information Assurance and Cyber Security.
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Innovation & Technology Degree, students will be able to:
- Utilize applied analysis of user requirements to design IT-based solutions.
- Research capabilities for identification, evaluation, and implementation of current technologies and consideration of their applicability to address individual and organizational needs.
- Build team based projects and plans to develop, integrate and implement IT-based solutions from a managerial perspective.
- Manage project based solutions for teams using the most current research techniques and industry practices to identify and define the requirements that must be satisfied to address user needs.
- Utilize applied deployment and use of emerging computing techniques, skills, methods, and theories.
Master Degree Program Admissions Requirements
Admission decisions are based on consideration of the applicant’s previous academic records, statement of purpose, resume, and letters of recommendations. The following are the admissions requirements:
- A bachelor degree in Engineering, applied sciences, or a closely related discipline from a regionally accredited university
- A minimum GPA of 2.7 in the last 60-semester credits attempted
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is required for applicants with GPA less than 3.25. The GRE may be waived by the Graduate Student Advisor for applicants with a GPA of 3.25 or higher
- A letter of interest
- Two letters of recommendations
This school offers programs in: