‘Design, develop and set-up your own innovation driven globally orientated business’
People with or without work experience, who wish to design, develop and run their own innovation driven globally orientated businesses. This practically oriented course covers the process from generating new business ideas, developing and refining them, designing the infrastructure and launching the business. You will use the latest methods and technologies to support these processes.
We will provide you with...
- The knowledge to apply best practice approaches onto new business proposals to maximize their chances of success.
- The opportunity to develop and practice skills for making appropriate judgments, regarding the choices in your business development.
- Opportunities to develop your product and service concepts to a launch level
The course is modular - each student takes a combination of core and elective modules. 9 modules are studied and assessed in total. Modules consist of nominally 40 hours directed tuition in the form of lectures, seminars, group work, presentations, case studies and e-learning. This is covered in a full-immersion, intensive week. Modules are assessed by Post Module Assignment. The taught modules account for 50% of the Master's degree. A major individual research project, submitted in the form of a dissertation accounts for the other 50%. An oral examination is held upon completion.
Core modules for this MSc are:
- Business Model Generation
- Establishing a New Business
- Financial Analysis and Control Systems
- Management of Change
- Sales and Sales Management
Students would choose a further 2 elective modules from an extensive list to make up to 9 modules.
Please note: Our course and module content and schedule is continually reviewed and updated to reflect the latest research expertise at Warwick, so it is therefore very important that you check the website for the latest information before you apply and when you accept an offer.
The project is worth 50% of the final grade, and supports you in developing research and analytical skills. For the Entrepreneurship course the project is devoted to developing your business idea in a rigorous manner so that at course end you will be able to launch your business. Work on your project runs concurrently with your module study. You will be able to choose project or suggest one of your own and a member of staff will guide you through the process of writing a dissertation. Examples of some projects are:
- Mobile based concert organization and promotion in Nigeria
- A reverse auction based wedding portal
- An electronic marketplace for small businesses
- Unijobs – a jobs portal for students
- New household appliances
- iPhone app
After You Graduate
Upon completion of the course, you should be a position whereby you are ready to launch your own business. The skills you have gained will also be valuable for a wide variety of existing businesses who wish to move into new product and service areas.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 22, 2018