Title: Own Title
Modality: On-site / Full-time
Call: October 2019
ETCS Credits: 60 ECTS
School years: 1 year
Professional internships: Practices in companies and gastronomic institutions (180 hours)
The main objective of the Master is to train professionals capable of leading, creating and proposing new options related to gastronomy in a globalized context, but, at the same time, concerned with fundamental aspects of food such as sustainability, culinary traditions, and in general, the food identity of the regions. To do this, the Master offers a wide range of training in a specific and at the same time multi-purpose direction that addresses the current trends linked to gastronomy.
The master's degree provides tools focused on understanding the combination of tradition, technology and innovation, all with the aim of our students acquiring a strategic, global and sustainable vision in any of the professional opportunities for which the Master has been designed.
The Master in Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Culinary Management will allow you to:
- Knowing the agri-food and gastronomy sector: building a strong knowledge base of the food and agricultural sectors from an international perspective and always from the managerial approach.
- Global vision: to train professionals oriented to the management innovative companies in the gastronomic field capable of obtaining the expected results at a global level.
- Innovation and sustainable management: develop the capacity for creativity and innovation in businesses linked to gastronomy and its sustainable management through comprehensive and specialized training, qualifying participants for the assumption of positions of responsibility in the sector.
- Leadership training: develop the necessary skills of a global manager of companies and projects linked to gastronomy to achieve a collaborative, assertive and participative work.
- Design, plan and manage business projects in the gastronomy and catering sectors.
- Ensure a multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary approach to gastronomy.
- Encourage the development of creative and innovative thinking about the value of agri-food products and their transformation.
- To favor the combination of innovation, business vision and organizational competences in entrepreneurial initiatives in the fields of gastronomy.
Committee of expert chefs and collaborations with companies: We do not want our students to be only good, we want them to be the best. For this reason, we have great professionals of recognized national and international renown who will share their knowledge and experience with our students.Austin Distel / Unsplash
Advantages and services
- International and professional recognition.
- Solid knowledge in management.
- Barcelona as a world gastronomic center.
- Field trips.
- Sensory tasting workshops.
- Management of gastronomic events.
- First generation technical environment.
- Practices in companies and gastronomic institutions.
- Networking and project incubator.
- Cycle of coaching and managerial skills.
- Creative environment for learning.
- Assistance to sectorial fairs.
- Permanent team of renowned chefs.
- Director of creative projects in gastronomy and culinary.
- Responsible for creative departments in restaurants and hotels.
- Head of division and / or department in business groups linked to gastronomy.
- Head of the Food and Beverage Department (Food
- Operational and creative supervisor of collective centers and catering companies.
- Expert consultant in the gastronomic sector.
- Entrepreneur in the gastronomic sector.
- Module 1: Culinary-culinary systems and environments
- Module 2: Strategic management, logistics and operations in gastronomy
- Module 3: Analytical management and finance applied to the gastronomy and restoration sector
- Module 4: Human resources, team management and managerial skills
- Module 5: Public relations, marketing and communication in gastronomy
- Module 6: Master's thesis
Program taught in: