The Master in Information and Computer Sciences (MICS) at the University of Luxembourg enables students to acquire deeper knowledge in computer science by understanding its abstract and interdisciplinary foundations, focusing on problem-solving, and developing lifelong learning skills.
Students can specialize in the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Communication Systems
- Information Security
- Reliable Software Systems
Here are ten reasons for choosing the MICS:
- Flexible specialization options: profiles are a unique feature of our program that empowers students by allowing them to choose multiple specializations and to perform interdisciplinary studies.
- Individual supervision and small class sizes: we limit the student intake in order to provide an optimal learning environment; active participation of students during lectures is encouraged.
- Early involvement in research projects: students have the possibility, via student job positions, to participate early on in scientific research projects thus giving them a better idea of what research is all about.
- Ties to industry: the master thesis can be done for a company; this option is especially interesting for students who do not plan to do a Ph.D.
- Strong research: our master's program is taught by staff from the Department of Computer Science, the largest Department at the University of Luxembourg and also the one with the highest scientific output. In the last few years, the DCS has pursued a strategy of hiring top professors from around the world.
- International and multi-cultural environment: both students and faculty come from many different cultural backgrounds, which makes studying computer science in Luxembourg so much more exciting.
- Quality of life in Luxembourg: in a recent survey by Mercer Consultancy, Luxembourg was ranked the safest city among 215 capitals and 17th in terms of quality of living.
- At the heart of Europe: Luxembourg is a short train ride away from cities such as Paris, Brussels, Frankfurt.
- Luxembourg is a major European and financial center.
- Low cost: there is only a 200€ fee per semester for registering for the master's program.
Study and career opportunities
- Luxembourg is a major financial center with ever-increasing needs for highly qualified IT staff
- Other employment opportunities in the public sector, local industries, and public research institutes
- Ph.D. in computer science
- Master general and specific topics in computer science.
- Be able to build bridges between several computer science subjects via different profiles.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of both fundamental and specialized areas of information technologies.
- Stay abreast of the fast technological changes in the rapidly evolving IT sector.
- Work effectively in multinational teams being exposed to the cultural diversity of the very international master studies.
- Tackle complex technical problems in IT by productively using a wide range of tools.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field
- Language: level B2 in English
- EU students: February - July
- Non-EU students: February - April
Program at a glance
- Duration: 2 year full-time programme / 4 semesters (120 ECTS)
- Registration fees: 200 € / Semester
- Language: English
- Campus: Belval
- Application period:
- EU: February-July
- Non-EU: February-April
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the School
Founded in 2003, the University of Luxembourg is the only public university of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Multilingual, international and research-oriented, it is also a modern institution with a ... Read More