Information for applicants
The State Final Examination is held before the State Examination Commission, which is appointed in accordance with the Study and Examination Rules of the School, is public and lasts 1 hour. The state examination has 2 parts, namely:
- Defense of the diploma thesis (assessed by the supervisor and the opponent).
- A professional examination of two theoretical subjects, one subject is Information and Communication Technologies and guarantees the knowledge of the study program and the second subject is from the Information and Computer Security program.
- Faculty: Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Type of study: Follow-up Master
- Language of instruction: English
- Code of the program: N0612A140005
- Title of the program: Information and Communication Security
- Regular period of the study: 2 years
- Cost: 4000 € per year
- Coordinating department: Department of Computer Science
- Keywords: hacking, security, malware, defense, cybersecurity
The curriculum defines the general application of students in the accreditation file. The graduate will have broad practical skills and basic theoretical knowledge in the area of computer security as they are understood, taught and applied at Czech and foreign universities. This will make the position of the graduate on the labor market very easy to read, especially in three areas:
- In companies dedicated to developing secure software for the position of a computer security software developer.
- In companies and offices in the position of security administrator of HW and SW systems and networks.
- In companies engaged in the sale of HW and SW in the position of expertly trained merchant and consultant.
- In the state administration, police and army as an expert on information and communication security
With the expected growth of technology-oriented companies in the region and the demand for technically-educated specialists, the graduate will have a high chance for a very good job in the field.
The aim of the study is to educate graduates with expert knowledge of information and communication security who will be able to solve demanding assignments related to data security, communication, and computer security.
The composition of the subjects in the curriculum covers the key security aspects of ICT and is chosen with respect to the practical skills and applicability of the acquired knowledge in the graduate's engineering practice.
Graduate of the study program within the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) program is profiled in the field of information and communication security, where it acquires expert knowledge of security of computer systems, communication, and cryptography. Within its elective subjects, it develops its expertise especially in the field of computer networks and data processing.
The curriculum is designed with an emphasis on ICT security expertise and practical skills to ensure graduate employment in the labor market. The profiling of the graduate is attended by employees of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at VSB-TU Ostrava, in particular the Department of Informatics, Telecommunications, and Applied Mathematics.
Applying graduates is wherever you need to address data security, information secrecy, communications security, data processing, and other challenging ICT security tasks. As an example, companies such as TietoEnator, Microsoft, AVG, Avast, Monet, IBM, CodeCreator, banks, and financial institutions and many others can be mentioned.
Graduate's general competence
The graduate should be able to further self-study in the field and carry out appropriate training in the field.
General admission requirements: Master degree candidates
Criteria for admission
- Bachelor degree (at least)
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5,0; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level)
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
- e-Application form
- Copies of graduation certificates (Diploma and Diploma Supplement or Transcript of Records)
- Recognition document of graduation certificate - official document to say that the degree is recognized in the Czech Republic
- Payment of Registration Fee 500 CZK per 1 study program, it is non-refundable
- Valid visa and passport
- Tuition Fee is 4000 EUR per academic year, payable at the beginning of each academic year. It is non-refundable.
About the School
Founded in 1849, VSB - Technical University of Ostrava (VSB-TUO) is a Czech public university with a long tradition in high-quality engineering education and research. These traditional core values ha ... Read More