Learn to work and lead teams that analyze, architect, integrate and implement IT-based solutions in a business environment that is increasingly globally interdependent and technically complex. This program imparts current technical knowledge of information systems as the field is reshaped by IT-enabled business processes, web technologies, distributed architectures, new infrastructure standards, and advances in mobile computing.
The Master of Information Technology degree at the Bentley Graduate Business School prepares professionals for careers that call for integrating information systems knowledge with a strong understanding of the global business environment.
Bentley's Master of Information Technology degree is a STEM-designated program that requires the completion of 30 credits (10 courses of 3 credits each). Graduates often start work as consultants, risk analysts, business analysts, systems analysts, project managers or systems architects — and advance quickly in technical and managerial careers. Program graduates are ready to join or lead teams that analyze, architect, integrate and implement IT-based business solutions in an increasingly diverse, globally interdependent, and technically complex environment.
The Master of Information Technology degree instills:
- Working knowledge of the theory and current practices in distributed systems, communications networks, object-oriented analysis and development, and database technologies used in implementing state-of-the-art business solutions
- Thorough understanding of IS development processes at the individual, team and project levels to execute distributed IT development projects effectively
- Keen appreciation for the collegiality, ethical standards and social responsibility that guide their work as IT professionals
- Cultural sensitivity for succeeding in a global IT sourcing environment
- Candidates with five or more years of professional work experience may be eligible to waive the GMAT/GRE exam. Contact the admissions office for more information.
Students entering the Master of Information Technology degree program have a wide variety of academic backgrounds and professional experience. Some have little or no prior IT background and are looking to enter the field, while others are seasoned IT professionals who would like to move into more managerial positions.
Bentley Master of Information Technology graduates are hired by top firms in a wide range of industries, including biotechnology, financial services, healthcare, market research and high tech. Graduates often start work as consultants, risk analysts, business analysts, systems analysts, project managers or systems architects — and advance quickly in technical and managerial careers.
Recent graduates have accepted positions at Attivio, Deloitte, EMC Corporation, Fidelity Investments, IBM Global Services, John Hancock Financial Services, KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Raytheon, Staples and Travelers. Depending on interests and industry, the starting salary of a Bentley Master of Information Technology degree graduate ranges from $50,000 to $135,000.
Alumni benefit from a strong global network and lifelong career services support from the Graduate School.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017