- High-quality education internationally accepted the diploma
- State-of-the-art learning and research environment
- Easy living in a safe but international environment
- Generous tuition fee waivers and living cost allowances available
- Possibilities for exchange studies and internships at companies
- Good employment perspectives
- The prerequisite is BSc level education with a background in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communications Engineering or in a closely related field.
- The language of instruction is English.
- IMPIT programme is offered at the University of Eastern Finland (Joensuu campus).
We co-operate actively with local IT companies and local business incubator and have had student projects for an example with Olympus and Pelican Imaging. Some of these companies offer internships and thesis placements and many of our students find a job even before the graduation. Representatives of companies visit our IMPIT seminar every year giving students an excellent possibility to pitch themselves to the companies.
We offer a highly multicultural learning and research environment with lots of exchange possibilities during the second year. Our research groups have good connections with companies and research institutions and early integration into our research groups is a huge benefit for your future career. Examples of occupational titles of IMPIT graduates are for an example Senior Software Engineer, Quality Assurance Manager, Senior Specialist, Senior Software Consultant, Business Analyst and, Senior Designer, Chief Technical Officer and IT developer.
You can also have lots of interesting experiences through the social activities during your IMPIT studies. There are summer schools, visits to companies, and annual trips (to Lapland, Stockholm, St. Petersburg..) and various other events organized by the student union and Erasmus student network.
Impit curriculum allows students to graduate in two years. Students have to collect about 60 credits from direct teaching at the School of Computing during their first IMPIT year.
The second year of the programme is dedicated mostly to the Master's project (10-20 ECTS) and thesis (30 ECTS). Students can also take some exchange studies and find trainee positions in IT companies or departments' research groups.
- Provide high-quality education in an international environment
- Provide more IT experts to Finnish companies
- Establish and upkeep international network with educational, research and business partners through smooth knowledge and know-how transfer.
Our graduates have also excellent opportunities to continue postgraduate studies in one of our research groups.
Intelligent media computing
- Computational Intelligence
- Computational Spectral Imaging
- Machine Learning
Technologies for learning and development
- Educational Technology
- Interactive Technologies