Why study at FIT BUT?
- The best technologies – supercomputing, modern labs, flight simulator
- Practical orientation – industry, research, projects
- Campus – old monastery full of modern facilities
- Graduates – high demand, 99% in 3 months, 120% salary
- Brno – Silicon Valley of Europe
- Learn from the best – lecturers are research leaders
- International cooperation
- Become the elite in IT at FIT BUT
„Be part of one of the leading European institutions“
Located in the unique, former Carthusian monastery, interconnected with a new modern building near the city centre, the Faculty of Information Technology (FIT) is one of the leading European educational and research institutions providing top quality degrees in information and computer technologies. Students are encouraged to work on their own projects in the Faculty’s Computer Centre and to join teams pursuing national and international research in state-of-the-art laboratories, including, but not limited to, multimedia, biometrics, optics and robotics.
FIT’s most recent achievement is becoming one of the 15 world‑class research teams across nine European countries to join Facebook’s GPU Partnership Programme, which allows FIT to make faster progress in the field of artificial intelligence.
- Computer Network Lab
- Printed Circuits Lab
- Biometric Lab
- Multimedia Lab of Advanced Integrated Systems (Flight Simulators)
- Robotic and Human-Robot Interaction Lab
- Microscopic Analysis Lab
- Optical Lab
Research & Development„We know that first-hand experience is irreplaceable“
IT4Innovations is a unique project building a national center of excellent research in the area of information technology including the acquisition of a very powerful supercomputer. IT4Innovations Centre of Excellence, the faculty’s Research Centre of Information Technology, is connected to the national Supercomputer Salomon - ranked 78th in the TOP500 List of the world’s top supercomputers (June 2017). The Brno center supervises two of the eight research programs focusing on
- the recognition and presentation of the information from multimedia data, and
- safe and reliable architectures, networks and protocols.
Key R&D Areas
Key areas of research and development at FIT in Security and Industry 4.0 are:
- analysis, monitoring and security of high-speed computer networks
- evolutionary algorithms and evolvable hardware, fault-tolerant systems
- formal verification, modelling and simulation, highly demanding calculations
- intelligent systems, information systems and their security, data mining
- hardware/software co-design, acceleration and optimization methods for embedded systems (including GPU and FPGA systems)
- computer graphics, virtual and augmented reality
- image, video, speech and natural language processing
- human-computer / human-robot interaction
Industry cooperation and Grants
- 40 industry R&D partners
- Contract research (38 projects running, 1.61 mil EUR in total)
- Joint research projects of the Center and the companies (co-)financed by the European Union or grant agencies (60 projects running, 4.32 mil EUR in total)
- Students’ projects and internships
- Seminars, Conferences, Hackatons
International Study & Social„The IT world meets in Brno“
FIT enjoys international recognition and the quality of top graduates and has long been collaborating with foreign universities and research entities in mobility (ca last 5 years):
- 130 academics and scientists visited FIT BUT,
- 150 academics went abroad,
- 340/320 outgoing/incoming students,
- 30 academics and researchers participated in foreign placements.
Brno & Czech RepublicLife in the heart of Europe
You will find it very difficult to get bored in Brno or at FIT. Student conferences, lectures by the world's leading experts, music festivals, as well as other events are happening throughout the whole year at the faculty. It is a vibrant and dynamic place close to the city centre of Brno - with over 80,000 students, it is a city with a young and inspiring spirit, as well as a great place to live, study and do research.
The Czech Republic is the 6th safest country in the planet, world newspapers such as New York Times put Brno into the list of top places to live and according to recent well-known rankings of best student cities of the world by QS, Brno is in top five! Brno has developed into a dynamic knowledge hub and innovation centre in Central Europe in recent years. It gives you a unique chance to cooperate with local world-class institutions, teams as well as companies and get a great experience.
Also, the location of the city is very strategic, especially if you are a keen traveller. You can reach four different capitals (Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest) within max. 3 hours by car as well as get to/from Brno easily by coach, train or plane. Or you can just explore the Czech Republic - mountains, forests, lakes, historical sites or vineyards are close enough.
You learn how to process data from cameras and microphones, get information from video and audio, rendering using advanced computer graphics, and use graphic cards to accelerate graphics or accelerate computational algorithms, design user interfaces, photo processing, or native language. In laboratories, you can experiment with powerful computers, graphic cards, camera systems, robot sensors, microphones, virtual and augmented reality, aeroplane simulators.
Graduates develop computer vision, speech and natural language methods and systems, program graphics in the gaming industry, or advanced user interfaces.
- 79% students gain practical experience
- 99% graduates find work within 3 months
- 120% of average salary is the starting salary for FIT graduates
- Computer Graphics
- Image processing
- Speech signal processing
- Computational Geometry
- Computer Vision
- High-Performance Computations
- 15th of April - Sign up and pay the admission fee
- 25th of April - Arrange for your accommodation
- 31st of May - Pay the tuition fee
- 12th of September - Submit a request for recognition of education abroad and enroll for study
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 3, 2018