Master in Information Technology
The Master in Information Technology (by research) aims at preparing graduates from IT background and non-IT background with advanced technical knowledge and skills in finding a practical and scientific solution to meet the needs and changes of the current IT problems. The program will also provide a pathway for graduating students to undertake Ph.D. research in one of the specialized areas of IT.
- Preparing students to be competent for research and development in specific areas of Information Technology.
- Development of students' intellectual ability through research and successful application of advanced tools and techniques that will support their professional development.
- Computer-related development tools and simulators are available in support of the research work.
Students allowed working in any area under IT. Some research topics are as follows:
- Investigation of latest software engineering processes, models, and methods of implementation in improving software development and evolution.
- Develop automated tools for measuring and improving software processes and methods.
- Investigation of network Security of Cloud Computing.
- Other immerging research areas like Wireless and Mobile Networking, Mobile Ad-Hoc networking and Data Center Networking.
- Implement cross-field research work such as Energy and Networking and Software Defined Networking.
- Research on audio video content analysis and recognition, media streaming, computer vision, image processing, graphics, novel user interfaces, pervasive computing and visual informatics.
- Considering new ways of utilizing the rapid developments in the media—from traditional print to cutting-edge electronics, signal processing, multi-modal integration, media transport and sharing, multimedia security, location-based, mobile multimedia and Android-based smartphone application.
- Other research areas are human, social and educational aspects of multimedia; arts and contemporary digital culture; and unstructured information management.
- Tuition Fees RM30,000.00
- Deposit (Refundable) RM300.00
- Insurance RM70.00/year
- Total Fees (Approximate) RM34,190.00
- Tuition Fees RM30,000.00
- Caution Fee (Refundable) RM1,500.00
- International Student Administrative Fee RM4,200.00
- Medical Insurance RM500.00/year
- Visa Processing RM381.00/year
- Medical Examination RM250.00/year
- Total Fees (Approximate) RM40,600.00
- A Bachelor’s Degree of Computing or in the area of science and technology or related to computing, with a minimum CGPA of 3.00; OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree of Computing or in the area of science and technology or related to computing, with CGPA below 3.00 but above 2.50, can be accepted pending internal assessment by the faculty; OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree of Computing or in the area of science and technology or related to computing, with CGPA less than 2.50, with a minimum of 5 years working experience in a relevant field may be accepted; OR
- For local applicants, sufficient mastery of the English language is required
- International applicants who originate from a country where English is the native language; OR are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
Program taught in:
See 5 more programs offered by Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur »
This course is
18 - 48 months
Malaysian Student Fees: RM 34,190 / International Student Fees: RM 40,600