We are living in a digital world. Rapidly evolving information technologies drive the digital transformation of products, services, and organizations. Successful enablers of digital transformation require a profound understanding and integration of business and information technology.
In recent years, the topic of digital transformation in companies and the needs of qualified employees has developed rapidly. In the context in digital transformation, companies face the challenge of qualifying their employees as an "enabler" at the interface of business and IT.
In the new Master Program in Information Systems Engineering and Management, IT specialists and computer scientists, as well as business administrators and engineers, will be enabled to advance internal and external digitalization and to assume leadership functions, especially in the field of the digital transformation of companies.
Enablers of Digital Transformation can have positions likes:
- Information/ Communication Technology Manager
- IT Coordinator / IT Consultant
- IT Service Manager / IT Integration Manager
- Product Manager
- Project Manager
- Engineers e.g. in Product Development, Production
- all industries affected by the digital transformation
- specializations enable new opportunities for e.g.: IT, telco, automotive, consulting, production, logistic, finance, media, Trading, public as well as the health sector.
Digital Transformation of Products, Services, Processes, and Organizations
- IoT and (critical) Digital Infrastructure
- Blockchain Technology
- Software & Systems Engineering
- Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning
- Big Data Management
- Business Data Strategy and Analytics
- IT Security and Privacy
- Development Methods: e.g. Design Thinking, Agile Systems, Scrum
Choose between the two Specializations "Digital Services" and "Autonomous Robotics" in EM5:
Specialization "Digital Services"
- Immediate globalization capabilities, agile development and deployment, individualization of delivered solutions
- Availability of “big data” and sophisticated AI-based analytics, enable customer intimacy, improve internal efficiency
- Connect service (eco)systems via digital services and create smarter systems
Specialization "Autonomous Robotics"
- Designing and creating in a production or logistics context.
- Smart Manufacturing and Automation with Industry 4.0
- Cloud, Fog Robotics
- Designing, Creating, and Controlling Autonomous Robots
- Controlling of collaborating robots (including lab)
The content of the Master Program is divided into 10 modules:
5 Management Modules presents broader knowledge in management know-how and 5 Engineering Modules provides deeper knowledge in technological topics.
- We offer a free Crash Course "Probability and Statistic” (taking place from November 8 to November 9, 2019.) and highly recommend to participate in the course to update the technical knowledge, as it might be the crucial factor for a successful degree at HECTOR School.
- Digital Platforms
- Software Engineering
- Process and Knowledge Engineering
- Security and Privacy Engineering
- Elective Subjects:
- Digital Services
- Autonomous Robotics
Crash Course: "Probability and Statistics" (preparatory modules)
- Marketing & Information
- Finance & Value
- Decisions & Risk
- Corporate Innovation and Intrapreneurship (at ESADE, Barcelona)
- Strategy & People
Specific Admission Requirements
First university degree in:
- Computer science
- Information technology
- Business engineering
- or a related subject
Basic knowledge in:
- Higher mathematics or stochastic
Basic knowledge in one of the following fields:
- Theoretical and technical computer science
- Operations research
- Micro- and macroeconomics
- Production Technology
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Measurement and Control Technology
- Circuit Technology
Under certain circumstances, other degrees may be accepted (e.g. depending on professional experience).
English language proficiency is required, e.g. English as mother tongue or test certificate (e.g. TOEFL score of at least 570 PBT; 230 CBT; 90 iBT or IELTS at least 6,5 points) or appropriate proof of C1 level.
The ongoing digitalisation of economy, industry, and society is increasing the demand for skilled workers. Various fields of activity are opening up in high-tech industry, manufacturing companies, small and middle-sized companies as well as IT start-ups and service companies, especially with regard to digital services and industry 4.0.