The aim of the programme is to prepare the specialists in the field of informatics, capable of creating visual effects (VFX), using and evaluating digital media systems and tools, thus enabling the application of interdisciplinary knowledge through technical and creative interactions for VFX and other digital production.
Dongseo Univerity (DSU) ranks among the top-50 universities in Asia for internationalization and is a leading university in Korea in its areas of specialization, including Film & Imagery, IT, Design, and Digital Contents.
Students of Informatics and visual contents study programme will gain two diplomas - MRU and DSU and during compulsory mobility in Korea, they will be able to use all DSU infrastructure and equipment. DSU has established different LABs and incubators of 3D Animation Fusion and VFX. Other facilities – professional soccer field on the roof of the University building, professional swimming pool and ect.
Teaching subjects of the programme: Technical Director Master Class, Digital Lighting, Effects Master Class, Digital Media Business, Digital Compositing, Houdini FX, Advanced Programming for Visual Contents, Visual Contents for Media Systems, Python for Visual Effects, Computer Vision, Applied Character Design and Animation, Visual Effects Implementation, Computer Graphics for Film Making.
International Mobility Possibilities
The international mobility is required: one year at Dongseo University, in Busan, South Korea. Additionally, students can participate in the ERASMUS+ mobility programme which gives a possibility to study at a university abroad for 1 or 2 semesters and do an internship in another country.
Life in Busan: Accommodation fee at Dongseo University – 350,-USD per semester.
Visual content artists are responsible for creating computer-generated animations and special effects (VFX) on screens at home and in theaters. Work experience and portfolio is a must-have feature for this type of specialty. The creative workers who specialize in VFX, digital media and visual content production are required in game, movie, television and advertising industries. Also, graduates of the programme may work in related businesses such as design studios, multimedia companies, science and educational institutions or to become entrepreneurs on their own. Graduates of the programme are also skilled specialists of informatics and they can find their place of employment in any ICT sector.
Bachelor of Informatics, Informatics Engineering, Applied Informatics (Physical Sciences)
English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe). Distant English language level test is organized for those, who do not possess IELTS or TOEFL certificates.
Application Procedure and Required Documents
Follow 4 steps:
- Fill out the online application form at apply.mruni.eu
- Upload required documents
- Secure your registration by paying the application fee
- Submit your application
- Educational documents
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of secondary education diploma or high education diploma with the transcript of academic records. Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Note: Additional educational documents (such as the results of state examinations or pre-University education) might be required according to the applicant's country of residence.
- For Masters degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of university transcript and diploma (a candidate must have a University Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration). Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Document proving results of the English language proficiency.
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: at least level B1; assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B1: TOEFL Paper 477-510, TOEFL IBT 53-64, IELTS 4.5-5.0, PTE level
- For Master degree-seeking students: at least level B2, assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B2: TOEFL Paper 513-547, TOEFL IBT 65-78, IELTS 5.5-6.0.
- Note: in case you do not have IELTS or TOEFL, there is a possibility to take the online English language level test organized by the University. You should choose this option when filling the application. There is no additional fee for this test.
- Passport copy
- Passport type photo
- Notarized letter of sponsorship from parents/sponsors and the letter from a bank about their financial abilities (showing incomes from the last 3 months).
Program taught in: