The Master in Industrial Design Engineering complements the knowledge acquired in any area of engineering with the aim of deepening the field of emerging technologies, scientific research and innovation.
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering","author_url":"","source":"©ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering"}" />
- Qualification: Master in Industrial Design Engineering, own title issued by the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF)
- Direction: Jessica Fernández
- ECTS credits: 60
- Duration: October 2020 to July 2021; Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 17: 00-21: 15.
- Price: October 2020 : € 10,000 (+ € 450 pre-registration)
- Language: Spanish . You need to have a high level of Spanish, both comprehension, and speaking and writing. English : Some sessions, both seminars and master classes and tutorials, will be taught in English (20% of the program).
- Access and admission requirements: Official university degree or equivalent to an Industrial Engineering, Industrial Design, Telecommunications or similar.
How can we use advanced materials and emerging technologies to achieve sustainable results with future projection? In the Master in Industrial Design Engineering you will discover tools that the engineer must research and know to transform the current industry.
The Master in Industrial Design Engineering complements the professional and academic knowledge previously acquired in any of the engineering areas, with the intention of training a creative professional with a clear advanced understanding of the function and potential of emerging technologies. It is also aimed at people who want to work in technology transfer or centers of innovation, scientific or applied research.
The Master's projects propose solutions that arise from the systemic relationship between design, communication, scientific research, engineering and informatics, focusing on themes oriented towards innovation or on common conceptual frameworks for research in a number of areas.
It combines user interaction with cutting-edge technology and creative design that allows new future scenarios to be envisioned with the certainty that they can be implemented in the current context.
The Master in Industrial Design Engineering , directed by ELISAVA and with the collaboration of research centers such as Eurecat, provides a professional vision of an integrating engineer, with capabilities to research from technology in laboratories to create through scientific knowledge, increasing his capacity of innovation in the industry. This structure allows linking an interconnected network of companies, professionals and technology centers, which shape concepts such as Embedded Technology, Smart Objects, Wearable Computing and Reactive Materials.
Information session video
- Train professionals with a strategic vision to define a value proposition from advanced technology. Understand the positioning of a product in the market and the development of its business model.
- Acquire the skills to link creativity and technology. Explore new ways of creation through scientific and technical knowledge for innovation in the industry.
- Learn how to use methodologies to find value insights in order to conceptualize an innovative product.
- Understanding the composition of reactive materials, smart textiles, printed electronics , as an opportunity for the trend in integrated products.
- Prepare professionals who are up to date in the concepts of Internet of Things (IoT), Internet of People (IoP) and Smart Objects.
- Provide solid knowledge about digital manufacturing linked to the Internet of Things (IoT) , as one of the new production models. Understanding a contextual industry with greater adaptability to the needs and production processes, what has been called Industry 4.0.
The Master in Industrial Design Engineering is designed for students to acquire, develop and exercise specific skills and competences, which, summarized, include the skills necessary to design and develop an Industrial Design Engineering project. The student will achieve the specific theoretical and practical knowledge for each phase, as well as a transversal vision and experience of the global process.
- Experiment with systems, technologies, processes, materials and tools to validate the product design and development process.
- Select and use dynamic materials, advanced technologies and digital manufacturing processes in the product design and development process.
- Analisis and synthesis capacity.
- Ability to apply knowledge in data analysis and situations for problem solving.
- Ability to develop creativity and motivation for the innovation process.
- Develop own methodology and procedures in an innovative design project.
- Design and implement formal, communicative and technological solutions to resolve product design and development situations.
- Teamwork capacity.
About the School
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering is a university center founded in 1961 and it is the oldest school of design in Spain. ELISAVA is among the 100 best schools of design and architectu ... Read More