Master in ICT Management (MICTM)
The MICTM programme is an accredited Master programme designed to meet the increasing need for professionals who can respond to the convergence between computers and communication. It is an ideal programme for people from technical and non-technical backgrounds to become future corporate leaders in today’s technology-driven industries. Intake is 3 times a year.
• A unique Masters programme that bridges between technical, business and management knowledge.
• Suitable for graduates from technical and non-technical backgrounds such as engineering, information technology, information system, business and management.
• Six specialisations in relevant areas such as Information Security, Project Management, Knowledge Management, ICT Entrepreneurship, Open Source Computing as well as Business Plan and Continuity.
• Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or other field recognised by AeU Senate
• Open entry qualification recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia:
• Be at least 35 years old
• Possess STPM or equivalent
• Provide evidence of prior learning experience and/or knowledge relevant to the programme applied for
• Or other qualification recognised by the AeU Senate
Modes of Study: Part-Time
Duration: 2 years
No. of Semesters: 6 (1 semester is 4 mths)
No. of Subjects: 14+1 Project Paper
The frequency of Tutorials: Tutorials are supported through online modes. Face-to-face tutorials are optional and on a need basis.
- Assignments 60%
- Final Exam 40%
MQA Accreditation: A 9885
EPF & HRDF Claimable (Malaysians Only): YES
• Students will effectively be able to use ICT techniques in solving problems and making decisions in the organization.
• Students will be able to support self-development skills as an effective and capable leader, manager and researcher.
• Students will be able to obtain skills in analyzing the complex problem, making the right decision and applying the relevant strategic management in ICT.
A) Project Management
• Project Planning, Scheduling and Control
• Strategic and Organisational Planning
• Managing Project Quality and Risks
• Leadership and Communication
B) Information Security
• Applications Development Security
• Operations and Physical Security
• Telecommunications, Network & Internet Security
C) Open Source Computing
• Fundamentals of Open Source Software
• Content Management System
• Web Programming
• Linux Systems & Network Administration
D) Knowledge Management
• Knowledge Management in Organisation
• Knowledge Management in Information Systems Implementation
• Foundation of Knowledge Management
• Knowledge Assets Assessment & Audit
E) ICT Entrepreneurship
• Intellectual Property & Commercialisation
• Managing Technology in Entrepreneurship
• Technology Innovation Management
• Entrepreneurship Business Plan Development
F) Business Continuity Management
• Fundamentals of Business Continuity Management
• Risk Assessment Management
• Recovery Strategy & Plan Development
• Business Continuity Plan Management
• ICT Management
• Cyber Laws
• ICT Entrepreneurship
• System Analysis, Design & Development
• Network Management
• ICT Project Management
• Information Security Management
• ICT Strategic Planning
• ICT Governance
• Research Methodology in ICT
• Project Paper